Infiltration

It was eerily quiet as Marinette crept through the halls of the league. As if it had been completely abandoned.

"What do you hate most?" Martha asked Dick, curled up in a tree as he sat on a bench, reading.

"Well... I suppose it would be feeling useless or letting people down." He shrugged, "why?"

"Nothing... You just seem like someone who doesn't hate anything. Unlike Jason. He seems like he hates everything." She smirked, 7 year old Martha hopped from the tree and landed next to him, plopping onto the bench.

"What about you? What do you hate most?" Dick asked, looking over to her.

"There's a variety... I suppose one would be pitty... I can take care of myself and I don't ask for help... But if I had to choose something in particular... I'd say silence." She hummed in thought.

Dick tilted his head, waiting for her to expand.

"You don't know what's hiding in it. Even in crime alley at night you can hear footsteps when someone's coming. But a silent enemy can come from anywhere... It just... I don't like not being able to plan." The tiny shadow explained.

..~~..

Marinette was tense to the point she wasn't loose enough to counter an attack. She knew that but her guard was too high to change it.

It was then that she heard the faint sound of chains. Like when Marley's ghost came to haunt Scrooge.

(I'd like to meet the person who doesn't get that reference)

But by the sounds of it, they weren't chasing her. "Guys..." She started to run quietly.

The noises got louder and she quickened her pace.

That's when she saw them.

Bruised and bloodied. Her heart stopped.

Kagami was stood up resting on the wall, eyes closed but she seemed to be the only one conscious.

There was someone missing, Adrien was gone.

"Kagami" she called quietly and she had caught her attention.

"Ladynoire?"

"What happened to you?" She went to the bars, looking in.

"Thalia has been taking us out... One by one, trying to get information... And lure you here... You need to go." She said simply. To the point as usual.

"Where's Adrien? Where are the miraculous? Where's Hawkmoth?"

Kagami narrowed her eyes, as if to say, 'you already know'.

Marinette's eyes widened and she swiped at the door, it crumbled to ashes. "Can you get them out?"

"I can't carry all of them." She stood up properly and it was clear to see she wasn't in the best condition either.

"Can you wake any of them up?" She asked.

She shook her head "I've tried."

The cat hero pressed on her com. "I found them. Sending you location. Kagami is on the way out, she'll direct you."

"Where are you going?" Bruce's voice came in return.

"Paying Thalia a visit. We came all this way after all." She smirked and turned off her com. "Go Kagami, I'll meet you later. She ran off in the direction of the main chamber.