Gala

They caused a lot of trouble for the bats as the quad. They did not get in trouble.

But now Marinette was expected to show up to the Wayne gala with Adrien. They weren't being introduced, they could hide as much as they wanted which was good.

Problem was... Majority of the guests this time round were going to be justice League members and she was not particularly fond with any of them at the time. Particularly the two greens. Lantern and arrow, commonly known as Oliver Queen and Hal Jordon.

They never liked her in the first place but they had also been the ones to convince her that she couldn't handle 'help' from the justice League. They knew her and told her that she could handle it. Bastards hated her. The 'street kid' that refused Bruce's nice gestures was what she was known as in the league. Most of the league anyway.

She liked some of them. She looked up to Diana as, almost an idol.

Might be partly because she's one of the only members she never met. But from what she had heard it was deserved admiration.

Either way, she was not looking forward to it. There may not have been any gold diggers or overall assholes, but there were plenty of people she planned on avoiding all the same.

To begin with, Jon, Adrien, Damien and Marinette had huddled in a corner away from the guests but that moment of peace seemed to end quickly. It started with Adrien and Jon going off on their own somewhere. She didn't feel need to question it.

Then she was beckoned by Bruce who was standing with the most physically impressive woman she had ever seen. She wasn't talking beauty she was talking pure muscle. Just looking at her made her jaw drop. She really hoped Bruce hadn't said anything to mess up her chances of getting on this person's good side. She would not want to be on the recieving end of a punch from that fist, chaos embodiment or not.

Her kind smiled confused Marinette. She stiffened when both Bruce and her approached after a few minutes of her not going over when called.

"It's okay. It's just Diana." Damien whispered into her ear.

"Diana?! As in Diana Prince the demi-goddess and Wonder-Woman?" She whispered back, half in awe, half in shock.

She expected to see her at the gala but she was not expecting Bruce to try and introduce them to eachother, she didn't exactly have the best reputation, especially when it came to the members of the Justice League

"Marinette, this is Diana Prince. Diana, this is who I've been telling you about." Bruce introduced.

Marinette couldn't help but stare at the woman in awe and surprise that someone like her existed. If she wasn't already with Damien, she would have fallen in love with her there and then. She tried to speak but it all came out in giberish not even a semblance of an actual word.

Diana tilted her head in worry. "Bruce is she okay?"

"She's meeting the only person she has ever admired. Literally the only person she has ever looked up to. I think she's just a bit star struck." Bruce smirked slightly.

"M-marinette! I'm Marinette! Ho-honour to meet you Princess-! I-I mean Diana!"

Diana smiled softly. "Relax young cat. We are on equal grounds."

Damien pouted at Marinette's attention being taken away from him.

Marinette swallowed and nodded. "O-okay."

Diana shook her hand. "You seem to be very talented. If you were to harness all your assets you could be an amazing hero. I look forward to working with you."