The mother.

For weeks after, you could not catch Marinette alone without Damien glued to her side. Always making some kind of contact, weather it be holding hands or hugging her from behind or his arm around her shoulders or waist.

Marinette never complained. Neither did any of the Wayne's.

Adrien however, was a little uneasy, not that he would ever voice it.

However, outside the Wayne's, she hadn't met up with anyone from her home city. In particular, the older cat. Selina Kyle.

She didn't know how to mention it to Damien, neither had wanted to let each other go now that they'd finally been reunited. But she missed her mother's hugs... Well who she saw as her mother.

She missed the head pats. The way that she would protect her always in very strange ways. And she didn't even know that she was back in Gotham.

She felt horrible.

Selina did so much for her and, after almost a month, she still hadn't left the manor to see her.

Damien was lying on the sofa, his head in her lap as he hugged her waist while she played with his hair, weaving tiny braids into it. "Dove... Would you like to go on patrol?"

Damien straightened up straight away. "What? But you've never wanted to join patrol. Even now that you're a hero..." He tilted his head in question.

"There's... Something I need to do. I need to go at some point right? But I'd rather avoid conflict..."

Damien hummed and kissed her cheek. "So you don't want patrol. you want to go find...?"

"Mum..." She nuzzled into his shoulder.

"Ah." He nodded. "Okay then Angel. We shall head to the Siren's area." He kissed her forehead.

Adrien watched carefully, it wasn't that he liked her but instead because he did not trust that Damien deserved his partner. No matter what Jon said.

"Adrien isn't this a bit far?" Jon said a little nervous, spying on Damien never went over well.

"I need to see if he's good enough for her Jon!" He spun around to face him.

Jon sighed and kissed his cheek. "Okay but we aren't following them to the sirens. They've missed her too much."

"Fine fine... She probably knows we're listening in anyway so we should probably -" he paused when he saw Marinette stick her tongue out at him. "Yeah let's go..."

Marinette and Damien left through the cave but Marinette didn't transform, she didn't want to draw attention to herself. She put on a black hoodie and took one of Steph's old masks. "Let's go."

..~~..

"Do they still live in the same place?" She asked softly.

"Yes they do" Robin confirmed.

Marinette soon flew ahead, only stopping when she got to the door but when she got there, she faltered.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"What if she doesn't like how I've changed? Or if she's forgotten me... Or if she doesn't recognise me! Or what if-"

"Angel calm down...  She's been waiting for you as long as I have." He hugged her. "Are you ready for this? We can go home if you want."

"No! No.... I have to do this."

There was light chatter inside, two people by the sounds of it. From what she could tell it was Harley and her mum.

She knocked on the door but the chatter continued so instead she yelled through the door mustering every bit of courage she could, "Considering it's been 8 years you sure are taking your time mum!"

The noise dissapeared, then there was a loud crash and a rapid scuttling sound and the door slammed open.

Selina stared at her, in complete disbelief. She poked Marinette's cheek. Gently prodded her shoulder, pinched her cheeks, ruffled her hair then yelped. "you're- you're back! Martha! Kitten. Gosh it's good to see you!"

The next second, Marinette was in a bone crushing hug, she could say that she cared, she hugged back with just as much strength, an enormous grin on her face. "I missed you m- Selina." She corrected herself, not sure if it was still okay for her to call her her mother.

"Kitten I missed you too. So so much my darling daughter..."

Marinette gasped quietly and grinned even more, "Mum!"

"Let me get a good look at you." She pushed her back a little, the last time they'd seen each other, Marinette was barely tall enough to touch her chin, now they were almost the same height. "You've grown so much." She held her face carefully, stroking her cheek.

She had to admit, it made her feel all fuzzy inside to get this again from someone other than Sabine or Adrien. But from Selina? Made her feel safe again. Without realising, her overwhelming happiness made her ears fold out and her tail swirling behind her.

"You have... Ears. And a tail! Aww kitten my whiskers have been passed to you!" Selina gushed, scratching behind her ear.

Marinette instinctively leaned into it, purring softly. "You aren't surprised?"

"Honey, nothing is surprising anymore" she chuckled.

"It my turn now!?" Harley burst from behind the door.

Marinette laughed and hugged Harley, only to be given an even tighter than Selina's, she could swear she felt her spine crack.

"Auntie Harley! Kinda need to breath!" She croaked.

"Ah yeah sorry Martha"

"Oh um actually, I have a legal name now, I'm Marinette."she said a little nervously.

They both blinked. "Well okay then. Knew you'd get a name eventually." Selina smiled.

Damien watched the interaction with a small smile. Although,he already missed having Marinette's attention.

"What's mini Wayne doing here?" Harley stared at Damien with irritated eyes.

"U-uh" Damien tried to defend himself.

"Actually.... We're together. He's my boyfriend." Marinette turner pink and grinned uo at them, expecting shock.

"About time I suppose." Selina laughed.

"You better treat her good baby-bird!" Harley stuck her tongue out.

"Enough of this talk anyway! Get in here! Ivy will be back soon too!" Selina grinned and dragged them inside.

Ello!
The previous chapter could be seen as the end. But I will continue to add more. Different arcs and reintros. More drama too come ect.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Have a nice day!

Eat drink and sleep as much as you can!