...Love...

They stared at eachother, both in an equal stance of disbelief.

Then Bruce and Steph walked in, heading for the batcomputer.

They both startled and stepped apart. Marinette bolted from the cave as fast as humanly possible.

"Wait!" Damien followed her.

Steph and Bruce turned to watch, "we interrupted something didn't we...?" Steph blinked.

All she got was a curt nod in response.

..~~..

"Do you know what love feels like?" Martha asked Damien, who was hanging upside down from a tree.

"That's an odd question..."

"Just answer." Martha sighed.

"Well I haven't had the best examples so far. But I'd assume, love is putting someone else before yourself. Going out of your way to see the person happy. That person makes you happy. Love hurts. But gives... Depending on if you love the right person. I believe I do love the right people." Damien hummed, swinging himself up to sit properly in the tree.

"Do I make you happy?" She asked, tilting her head.

Damien looked directly at her. "Yes you do."

"Do... You love me?" She asked curiously, the concept still feeling foreign to it.

"I suppose in some form I do. I like seeing you happy, I like being around you and I want to protect you." Damien nodded.

Marinette hummed in thought. "I suppose I feel the same. But I cannot say for sure as .... Love is unpredictable and I don't really know about it..."

Damien nodded in agreement, hopping down from his perch in the tree.

"People say love is blind, but if that's the case how do you know who you love? I think to love someone is to want to see every part of someone. Even the bad parts. When they cry, or hurt... Love is... A connection. A bond... There are many types of love. Family love, friendship love... Nostalgic love, unrequited, unconditional... Which I don't think exists ... And undeniable love... And probably more we don't know about..."

Damien listened to her intently.

"I don't know what kind we share... But I do know that I love you in some way. Does that make sense?"

"Perfect sense" Damien respond almost immediately, "and I agree. I love you too."

Martha smiled. "Good so you won't mind me doing this." She tapped his shoulder "Tag!" She bolted off into the forest on the estate.

"Hey! No fair! You had a head start!"

..~~...

Marinette ran as if running for her life. Through the maze-like halls, darting in and around ornaments and trinkets you'd only find in a rich person's house.

Damien wasn't quite as nimble as she was, but didn't lose her trail."Marinette wait!"

She squeaked and tried to get out the door, but the amount of time it took for her to open the door which was about ten times her height, Damien caught up to her, tackling her outside, holding her down to keep her from running.

She froze, turning bright pink as she looked up at him.

"Is it true? Do you love me too? In the way that I love you?"

She squirmed a bit under his peircing gaze, she looked away. "Yes... I think so... I want to be with you."

"Say it again. Please..."

She turned back to him. "Let me go first."

"Promise not to run?" Damien asked, narrowing his eyes.

She paused, "promise."

He stood up and pulled Marinette to her feet.

"Damien... I love you... have loved you... I know what it means now... I love you in a way I've never loved anyone else... I want to be with you... Be close..." She said softly.

"I love you too, and I feel the exact same... Undeniably... Unconditionally... Always..." he smiled, ever so slightly. He took a step towards her.

Marinette stepped back and stared at him. "What are you doing?"

"Just... Shut up and stand still." He moved forward and held her face in his hands and kissed her.

She stumbled back a little, not expecting it, but definitely not hating it. She had to arch her back, he was so much taller than her, she was surprised she didn't have to go on her tip-toes.

Damien stepped back and looked at her.

Marinette moved back to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just stand still..." Marinette whispered and went to kiss him but couldn't reach so she grabbed his collar and pulled him down, pressing her lips to his again.

I'd be very surprised if anyone got this vague reference.

"Do you... Want to get something to eat or something?" Damien offered.

"Y-yeah okay." She smiled a little and held his hand. "Damien-"

Before she finished her thought, he pulled her into a tight hug, her head against his chest. He kissed the top of her head and nuzzled her gently. "I missed you angel..." Damien's voice was quiet and gentle.

Marinette relaxed into him, Hugging back just as tight. "I missed you too... I want to be with you..."

"I'd like nothing more. I suppose this means I'm your boyfriend?" He smiled.

Marinette giggled quietly, "If you'd give me the honour of being your girlfriend then yes."

Damien smiled and held her close, not wanting to let go again. "I promise to never avoid you again."

"I promise never to run from you again." Marinette smiled.

Finally, they had finally accepted it. They knew love in a new form. One that only they could understand fully.

Unfathomable love.

You'll be pleased to know, this will be the last chapter with a flashback in it for a while.

I hope they didn't get too boring and OTT.

Also hope that this wasn't too cringy - if it is I will probably delete and rewrite. 

Anyway

They finally got together.

Eat drink and sleep as much as you can and have a nice day.