Chapter 27

It was dark in the palace and Jabba was snoring loudly. I couldn't sleep, I hadn't been able to sleep since I got here.

I heard soft footsteps entered the palace and pretended to be asleep. Hopefully whatever scum was visiting Jabba would see that he was asleep and wouldn't want to risk upsetting him.

The footsteps grew closer to me and I felt a gloved hand cover my mouth. I gasped and opened my eyes, only to be comforted by the familliar sight of Boba Fett.

"Shh. I'm going to get you out of here."

He helped me stand up and I started to follow him out the door. But, we stopped in our tracks at the sound of my chain rattling. Jabba moved in his sleep, letting out a groan and gripping tighter onto my chain.

"Dank farrik..."

Boba mumbled under his breath. His gloved hands searched the collar around my neck, trying to find some way of getting it off.

"C'mon... there's got to be a way to get this off of you."

He glanced at Jabba's hand, then back at me.

"I'm going to have to take it from him."

"Boba, no, you'll wake him up."

"I can't just leave you here."

Boba slowly and carefully pulled my chain out of Jabba's hand, but Jabba's hand suddenly tightened and his big ugly eyes popped open.

"Boba! You've got some nerve!"

Jabba's pushed Boba to the ground, laughing.

"Trying to steal my property."

"She isn't property, Jabba."

"Oh?"

Jabba laughed.

"Give her back to me. I'll pay you whatever you ask for."

Boba's voice was thick with panic.

"If she means so much to you... go get her!"

Jabba pushed me forward and I felt the floor open under me.

"No!"

Boba screamed, catching my chain. I was dangling from my neck, crying in terror.

"Boba! Help!"

"I've got you, I'm not letting go. Just look at me."

"I'm scared."

"Look at me."

I looked up at him. Everything around me disappeared when I saw him. I thought of all the time we spend together and how I truly, deeply loved Boba. If I died at this moment, I would be satisfied with the last few moments I got to spend with him.

"You're going to be okay."

He began to pull the chain towards himself, slowly bringing me up.

"Ah, you're no fun, Boba!"

Boba gasped as Jabba suddenly struck him with his tail, causing him to tumble into the hole. Boba instinctively wrapped his arms around me and I landed on top of him.

"You okay?"

He said, brushing my hair out of my face and checking for any bruising.

"I'm fine, Boba. Where are we?"

I suddenly heard a loud metallic gate opening, then the roar of a monster.

"Boba?"

I whispered.

"Just stay behind me. I'll protect you."

A giant monster came stomping towards us, roaring loudly.

"Don't be scared."

I couldn't tell if Boba was talking to me or to himself. Boba attempted to shoot some fire at the monster, but it only seemed to make it even angrier.

"Okay... new plan..."

He began to fire his blaster at the beast.

"That's not going to do anything..."

A blast went straight into the monster's eye, then the other. It screamed in pain, blindly looking around for us.

"You were saying?"

I rolled my eyes

"Can't you use your jet pack?"
He pressed a few buttons on his wrist, but nothing happened.

"It was damaged when I fell."

He looked around frantically, then his eye landed on me.

"Okay. I need you to trust me."

"Uh... why?"

He grabbed onto the end of my chain, then shot his grappling wire at the monster. It wrapped around its neck and Boba pulled himself up. The monster clawed at Boba, but he managed to dodge its hands. My chain was long, but I still felt it pulling on my neck. Boba wrapped the chain around the monster's neck and held it tight. The monster stumbled around, trying to shake Boba off but he stood his ground. The monster eventually fell to its knees, making a few more feign attempts to stop Boba, but it eventually passed out. Boba collapsed from exhaustion, rolling onto his back.

"Never going that again."

He mumbled. I ran towards him, wrapping my arms around him.

"That was amazing!"

"Was it?"

He mumbled, still trying to catch his breath.