CHAPTER 12

Boba and I walked confidently into Jabba's palace with our bounty. My newly pained red and black helmet gave me a new sense of security. I kept the red part from his helmet, but painted all the green to be black. The helmet looked especially cool with my shawl hood up.

"You look like a shadow, all dark."

"No one will find me if I blend in like a shadow."

He scoffed.

"Unless you're on Hoth."

I ignored the fact that he was right. He suddenly let go of my hand.

"Why did you-"

"We can't hold hands in front of Jabba. It's... unprofessional."

I nodded in understanding.

"Fair enough. But as soon as we're done here, I expect my hand to be held again."

He laughed a bit.

"Of course, your highness."

We walked into a room with creatures of every sort, most were bounty hunters. There were girls in extremely revealing outfits dancing around a giant slug I knew to be Jabba. I saw chains attached securely around their necks that were gripped securely in his slimy hands and I shuddered at the realisation that I had almost become one of those girls.

"Boba!"

I heard his loud voice boom. The room went silent and Boba stepped forward.

"Jabba, I brought you a bounty."

Jabba responded in a language I couldn't understand.

"Tatooine."

Boba answered. Jabba pointed at me and said something that made everyone in the room chuckle except for Boba.

"I'm training her... she's a... foundling."

Jabba talked more, his sickening eyes were stuck on mine. What did he want? I'm fully clothed, not a bit of skin showing. I didn't even know how he could tell that I was a girl. Boba seemed to brush off what Jabba had said, his voice sounded irritated.

"Here's your bounty, Jabba. Where's my pay?"

Jabba waved his hand and the man next to him with red eyes and two tentacles coming from his head handed Boba a box. Boba nodded at Jabba and turned to leave. The, Jabba exclaimed something that made Boba stop in his tracks.

"She's not for sale."

He said, without turning around. Jabba spat some words back to him confidently.

"I don't care how much. She's mine."

Boba gripped onto me tightly and pulled me away from the room and out of the palace.

"Disgusting..."

"What did he want, Boba?"

He just shook his head.

"I'm sorry I almost took you to him for bounty."

"It's alright, Boba. You didn't know me."