CHAPTER 9

After traveling in lightspeed for a bit, we landed on Jakku. It was exactly how I had imagined it. Basically Tatooine with less people. Well... less everything in general. Boba held out his wrist and turned on a small hologram showing a man with bright yellow skin and long, greasy black gair.

"This is him. His name is Jaune Junko and he should be somewhere in the outskirts of town."

"Town?"

I looked around at the small shacks around us with few people.

"THIS is town?"

Boba took my hand and pulled me towards... you guessed it... more sand.

"How do you even know where we're going?"

He held out a small device with a blinking red light on it.

"Following this. You'll get the hang of it."

I thought about bringing up the kiss on our long walk to the middle of nowhere, but it seemed like he was too focused on the mission at hand. I told myself I would ask him about it once we got back to the ship.

"Get down."

Boba shoved me to the ground and squatted down next to me, peering over a sand dune.

"What is it?"

I asked, rubbing my bum where it had hit the ground.

"He's over there."

Boba scoffed.

"What? What's happened?"

"He clearly has no idea hes being hunted. Cheeky thing."

He turned around and faced me.

"Alright, dear. Your job is to walk up to him and-"

"Walk up to a wanted criminal?"

He put his hand over my mouth.

"Shut up. Your job is to approach him, distract him, and I'll do the dirty work. Alright?"

I hesitated.

"At least give me a bla-"

Boba shoved one of his blasters in my hand.

"Go!"

I hid the blaster under my shawl and pulled my hood up to cover my helmet. What exactly does Boba expect me to do?

"H- hello there!"

He turned to me, his all black eyes looked menacing. He didn't say "General Kenobi" so I didn't really know where to go from there.

"Do you- do you know where town is? I got a bit lost..."

He cocked his head to the side.

"Do you speak English? I'm sorry, I can't speak any other lan-"

He lunged at me and I screamed, getting knocked to the ground. As my body collided with the hot sand, the blaster slipped from my hand and slid out of reach.

"Boba! Boba help!"

I tried to fight the creature off, and he bared his sharp yellow teeth, I screamed even louder as he sank them into my arm.

"Boba do something!"

The weight of the man was suddenly removed from my body. I clutched onto my bleeding arm and sat up to see Boba fighting with the man. Boba kicked him hard int the chest, sending him tumbling back onto the ground. The man moved to stand up and attack Boba, but Boba had pulled out a blaster and was pointing it straight at him.

"Don't try it."

Boba tossed a pair of handcuffs towards me.

"You can cuff him."

I shakily moved towards the creature.

"Don't be afraid. He's not going to touch you unless he wants to get blasted."

I took the man's arms and secured the cuffs around his wrists nice and tight. I hoped it was slightly painful.

"Nice job, you're a natural."

The man stood up and we led him back to the ship, Boba's blaster was ready to fire at the slightest movement.