CHAPTER 2

I opened my eyes and found myself laying on a cot in a small room. I rubbed my head and discovered it was heavily bandaged along with my arms and hands. I tried to sit up but cried out in pain as my shirt slipped up my back. Apparently, the mandalorian hadn't bothered to bandage my back and instead let the blood clot against the fabric, binding the shirt to the skin of my back. I heard footsteps coming from somewhere above the room. The mandalorian emerged through a door, still masked.

"What- Why- Who-"

I didn't know which question to ask first.

"I figured you could bandage your torso yourself, since it wouldn't exactly be appropriate for me to do so."

I rolled my eyes.

"It's too late. It'll hurt like Hoth if I try to take my shirt off now."

He sat down on a chair in front of me.

"My bad."

I raised a shaking hand and rubbed my face.

"What am I doing here?"

He cocked his head to the side.

"You've got quite a high bounty on your head. Why?"

"Why do you care? I thought it was against the madalorian code to ask questions."

He shrugged.

"You don't seem like the type to cause trouble. Too weak and ti-"

"You don't really care, you only care about the money. I know you bounty hunters well."

I flinched as I stretched my arms out in front of me, cracking my back.

"How do you know bounty hunters so well, huh?"

I glared at him.

"My dad was one."

"Was?"

I scowled at him.

"Do you have somewhere I can bandage my back? Actually..."

Is shook my head.

"... there's no point. It'll be useless to do it on my own."

"I could help you, you were just unconscious and I didn't want to-"

"Don't pretend to be nice to me, I don't need your help, mandalorian."

He let out an irritated sigh and stormed out of the room. I heard his stomping above the room and up to the cockpit. I carefully laid down and pulled the blankets that I hadn't even noticed around me.