Chapter Eight

JOHN'S P.O.V

THAT NIGHT

I walked into the room and smiled at the sight of Sherlock and Lucy sitting together, "John stop smiling!".  Sherlock glared at me causing my smile to become a frown.  "What is it Sherlock?", he looked at Lucy then back to me "Moriarty threatened to blow up Molly,".  My vision tipped and I staggered sideways.  I steadied my self then  stared at Sherlock who seemed so cool about the situation.  "Sherlock, how can you not be worried?!" he just smiled then turned to Lucy.  "Hey Lucy I was thinking of us three going out for dinner tonight at this Chinese that's open until two O'clock in the morning,", "sure,".  I stared at them both how can they even think about eating a Chinese while Moriarty's still alive?!. 

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V

AT THE CHINESE

The waiter  showed us our table then took our drink orders.  John ordered a larger, I ordered a glass of red wine and Lucy to my surprise ordered the same as me.  The waiter hurried off to fetch the drinks, he's worried about his wife she's not feeling well.  Lucy smiled at me, "making deductions already Sherlock?" "Yes,".  John leaned back in his chair, he's got himself a new Girlfriend.  I rested my hands on the table and started to drum my fingers against the wooden surface.  "So John who's the new Girlfriend?" he fiddled with his hands, "It's a girl named Penny she works with Molly," Lucy started commenting on how she bets him and Penny would get married.  The  waiter returned with our drinks and carefully placed then in front of us.  "What are you ordering please sir?" "chicken stir fry." he wrote that down then took Lucy and John's orders.  The waiter hurried off with ir orders to the kitchen, he's definitely very worried maybe it's more than his wife. 

LUCY'S P.O.V

Sherlock had his gaze fixed on where the waiter had stood for ten minutes just staring at the floor.  I reached over the table and tapped his shoulder, "Sherlock, you've been staring at the same spot for ten minutes,".  His gaze lifted to me and he muttered something which sounded along the lines of ' of course you'd worry,' .  My need for a cigarette has unbearable, "Hey Sherlock have you got any nicotine patches on you?" he dug into his suit pocket then handed me one. I smiled at him "Thanks,", I stuck the nicotine patch onto my arm and sighed as it started to release nicotine into my system.  John gave out a small laugh, me and Sherlock looked at him.  "What's so amusing John?" Sherlock tilted his head to the side keeping his gaze fixed on John.  John shifted uncomfortably obviously feeling pressurized by Sherlock's stare.  "Oh I was just thinking that you two would be the perfect couple,"  I almost spat my drink out.  Oh my lord.  Sherlock just stared at John a blank expression spread across his face.  The waiter arrived with the food then carefully placed the plates on the table then once again hurried off.  Sherlock just remained in the same position staring into space.  John placed the food in front of him then me and John tucked into our meals leaving Sherlock staring.  When I next looked up he'd eaten half and was looking a bit better for it.

Thankfully Sherlock paid for the meal, John seemed that he was used to it but for me it was new.  All my past flat mates had always made me pay for the dinners and drinks.  As soon as we stepped outside we were hit by a icy wind.  Sherlock just carried on walking but John seemed to be moving in small steps.  I pulled my jacket tighter around me then ran after Sherlock.

It seemed like ages before we arrived back home.  Ms Hudson greeted us with a hot drink and a biscuit which Sherlock denied and took to the stairs going up to study the dead mans middle finger.  Ms Hudson just shook her head, "That boy he's so enthusiastic about things it's almost criminal,".  John just sighed, "your right Ms Hudson it is almost criminal,".  I sipped at my drink, "so Ms Hudson, are we going to have any new neighbours?" she smiled, "yes in fact there's this girl she's got the same name as you, she's taking the flat across from you I think she's named Irene,".  I stopped dead the mug hovering in my hand just above the table.  I quickly thanked Ms Hudson for the coffee then hurried up into my flat. 

And there she was sitting casually in the armchair watching me.  "Hello Sister,".

A/N

Sorry the chapters so short I promise it'll be longer next time.  Just to let you know if you want a book cover, profile pic, banner or background feel free to visit my page which is in the external link.  Please if you liked the chapter feel free to vote, comment and tell your friends.  I'm planning on trying to update everydau when possible.

ETD