Chapter Twenty-Eight

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V

I watched as Moriarty made his way over to me.  He's once again disguised, his hair was in curls to one side and he was wearing a long coat and blue scarf.  He's dressed as me, pretending to be a fan.  He gave us a nervous smile knowing that he had to keep us his act.

"Mr- Mr Holmes, I'm Andy Drake, I'm a big fan," he offered me a shaking hand.

I just stared at him, "There is no point playing this game with me Moriarty I have already beaten you,"

he just smiled them turned to Lucy?, "Hello Lucy, long time no see," Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lucy scowl.

"I refuse to part-take in your stupid, childish game Moriarty.  As Sherlock said he has already beaten you," I grinned.  Only me and Lucy have the audacity to insult Moriarty.

A knocking on the door made us snap out of our little audience, Irene was leaning in the door frame sporting a deep crimson dress which obviously meant to emphasize her womanly features.  I heard Lucy sigh.  She's obviously assumed her elder Sister would be dressed more appropriately for the Family get together. 

Lucy got up and made her way over to Irene,

"Hello Sister, how was your journey?" she asked keeping her voice low and monotonous.  Irene raised an eyebrow,

"So I assume that you have met my Boyfriend," Irene said obviously trying to push the subject.

"Yes, I have," I saw Lucy clench her fists.  I watched as Irene's smug grin grew wider and Moriarty wrapped an arm around Irene's shoulder.

"Now you two don't fight, It's almost Christmas we're supposed to be nice," Moriarty said. 

"Yes, that is true Laddy," a deep voice said from behind the couple, they parted and I watched as a fifty-three year-old, diabetic man walked into the room.  Lucy rushed over to him,

"Dad!" she said pulling him into a hug.  She obviously has a stronger relationship with her Father then her Mother, maybe it's because of her Mother's past alcohol addiction which has lead to three scars of Lucy's back.  Her Father quickly wrapped his arms around her, she's most obviously his favourite child, he avoids all contact with Irene and makes sure that when he moves that he doesn't touch her.  He really must hate Irene.

"Sherlock?" I looked up to see a smiling Lucy,

"Yes?" I responded leaning back into my seat watching her Father carefully, severely diabetic and a brain tumor which he hasn't told Lucy about.  Tut-tut.

"This is my dad Mitchell, he's a big fan of John's blog," she said gesturing quickly to her Father.  Mitchell held out his hand obviously expecting me to shake it.  I hesitated but I saw Lucy glare at me and quickly shaking his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Mitchell," I said trying to sound as 'joyful' as possible.  He smiled showing of a set of white teeth,

"Mr Holmes, the pleasures all mine, believe me," he said chuckling.  I watched as he turned to Moriarty.

"Hello, as you heard I'm Mitchell and you are?"

"Andy Drake, Irene's Boyfriend, I'm also a big fan of John's marvellous blog,"

The next two hours I spent having to endure their constant talking about mine, John's and Lucy's cases, often adding recommendations on how we could of done something better.  Moriarty suggestions were to just annoy me but dear god Mitchell's were mindless and foolish.  Lucy in the meantime had taken her seat next to me attempting to distract me from her and 'Andy Drake's' mindless chatter.