Chapter Forty-Two

LUCY'S P.O.V

Hospital.

I glared as Irene entered, a small smile on her face.

"Hello Lucy Lamb." I rolled my eyes.

"Bringing me bad news again while I'm in hospital, has Mother died?" She sighed before sitting down at the end of my bed.

"Regretably not, she's still living up in Scotland, apparently she's running a rowing club." I turned my head away and she sighed.

"What's wrong with me coming to visit my little sister, especially while she's in hospital?" I turned my gaze back to her.

"I haven't heard a word from you in almost two years!  You weren't at Dads' funeral!" She rolled her eyes.

"Well as you know I never got on with Father and surely Sherlock's told you where I've been for the past five months, before that I was in Ireland with James living out my life.  Oh yes, sorry to hear about the breakup." 

"It's not exactly news Irene," she just rolled her eyes before smirking slightly.

"Oh but dear, you still have affections for him, I'm just dying to hear about the passing moments of love for him, the angst of a teenager!" 

"I'm not sixteen anymore Irene, I'm twenty-eight, not that you'd ever bothered to celebrate my Birthday." She just sighed.

"I gave you those pearl earrings that one year."

"Yeah for my ninth Birthday!" She shrugged.

"There's no pleasing some people!"

"No there isn't is there." I turned my gaze to the doorway and saw Sherlock.  Irene got up and smiled coyly at him, she's got a boyfriend why flirt with him?  She kissed him on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick stain before being led gently out of the way by his arm.  His gaze landed on me and he smirked.

"I think a thank you is in order." I scowled at him before taking a breath.

"Thank you Sherlock for saving me from probably death yet again." He smiled before Janine walked in, she came over and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissing him on the lips, bitch, she knows what she's doing.  She broke the kiss off before turning to me.

"Oh hello Lucy, I came as soon as I heard what had happened, how terrible, lucky Shezza was on case." Shezza!  That's my threat name for him!  Sherlock wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer to him and I felt a pang in my chest.

"Yes, it is lucky isn't it, thank you for coming." I managed a smile, does he love her?   Does she really love him?  What if they get married?  Oh please don't let them be engaged.  I looked at Janines' fingers, no ring, thank God!  

"So..."  They looked at me expectantly, a small smirk playing on the edges of both Sherlock and Irenes' lips.  Think of something, um ask if John is here!

"So are John and Mary going to make an appearance?" Irene shrugged, Sherlock nodded.

"Yes, John called me about five minutes ago telling me that him and Mary are on their way over, but I have to go, say hello to them for me won't you?" I nodded and watched as he dragged Janine out of the room.  Irene raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think him and John are speaking."

"No shit-"

"If you add Sherlock onto the end of that sentence I bet you ten pounds that you and him will kiss within a month."