Chapter Thirty-Two

LUCY'S P.O.V

We arrived back at the house being greeted by the warming smell of roast potatoes and turkey.  Mum quickly ushered us into the kitchen where she'd set up the table.  Sherlock stopped beside me, his eyes were darting frantically around the room.  Christmas, he said that his Father was a strict Christian, so if he messed up on Christmas he'd be beaten.  I pulled him to the table before sitting him down, out of the corner of my eye I saw Moriarty smirk.  I glared quickly at him, making sure Mum and Dad didn't see it.  Within minutes we were all piling the food onto our plates but Sherlock just stared at the wall behind my Mum's head.  I took his plate and placed some turkey and peas on it before setting it back down infront of him.  He glanced down quickly at it looking slightly nervous and I could see his hands habitually steeple ready to pray.  I quickly pulled them apart then rested them on the table before giving him a reassuring smile.

"You don't need to pray if you don't want to Sher," I said patting one of his hands, attempting to comfort him.  He instantly relaxed and started to eat. 

Hours later we were sitting in the living room watching the Queen's speech on the telly.  Dad poured us all a glass of champagne making a toast to the Queen then downing his own.  Sherlock just sipped at his, his eyes didn't seem to be watching the Queen but instead Moriarty.  Somethings going on, Moriarty's done something.  As soon as the Queen's speech ended Dad brought the presents out from under the tree.  The first couple of presents were addressed to Moriarty and Irene who both received a jumpers knitted from my Mum, a box of Thornton's chocolates from me and Sherlock and a bottle of Merlot from my Dad.  Next was us, I handed Sherlock his share of the presents before resting mine in front of me.  We both received jumpers but the rest were different.  Sherlock got a new copy of The Pirates of Penzance from Moriarty and Irene (while I got a copy of The Fifty Shades of Grey,) a Pirates leather hat from me (I got a little diamond charm bracelet which Sherlock had decided to put a minature gun on it) and we both got a bottle of Scotch to share.  Mum and Dad both got a new pair of walking boots from me and Sherlock, a book of the history of Scotland and a twenty pound voucher for WHSmith from Irene and Moriarty.                     

Sherlock frowned, as if he wasn't expecting them to give my Mum and Dad something normal.  I just shook my head, of course he'd suspect there was something dangerous in the present, It's Moriarty. 

The rest of the evening we played board games ranging from Monopoly to Scrabble.  Thankfully my family did not posses Cludeo as John had warned me of the consequences. 

My parents had decided to leave the house to the four of us saying that they wanted to leave us youngsters alone, Irene got what they were talking about before I did and I still ended up blushing. 
They left promptley leaving us sitting in the living room staring at each other.  Moriarty clapped his hands together,

"Well this has been awfully fun hasn't it Sherlock, spending a little quality time together but I'm afraid it's time for you to leave," he quickly pulled out a revolver out of his jacket pocket before aiming it at Sherlock.  I got up and attempted to grab the gun off him but quickly found myself with the gun pressed against my head.
  Moriarty made a tutting noise,

"You are so predictable Lucy, now you're in danger too," he said in a sing-song voice.  Sherlock grabbed Irene around the neck and positened it so he'd be able to snap it. 

"Sherlock! that's my sister!" I heard Moriarty chuckle then his warm breath brushed my neck.

"Do you think he really cares? Did you really think you changed him? Lucy there's one thing you've got to get into your head.  He.  Doesn't.  Care," I shivered then stared into Sherlock's eyes pleadingly,

"Please Sherlock, don't," but he didn't move.  I heard the distinct clicking of a gun and I closed my eyes.  Dear God don't let me die...

The light bulbs blew leaving us in the dark.  I heard Moriarty growl in annoyence but he still didn't move the gun.  A loud crashing sound then heavy footsteps echoed through the house then a distinct voice rang out.

"Sherlock!?"  I smiled as John came barging through the living room door quickly followed by Mycroft.  Sherlock chuckled as they aimed their guns at Moriarty.

"So I assume you got my text Brother," Sherlock said smirking slightly.

"No, I didn't, before you arrived here I had some workers of mine plant some camera's in this house," Mycroft answered in such away as if it was obvious.  John signalled for Moriarty to lower his gun.  Moriarty dropped it before kneeling down.  Sherlock released Irene and she was quickly cuffed to the radiator by John.  I looked at Sherlock and he nodded and watched in amusement as I kicked Moriarty in the stomach.  Sherlock opened his arms and I ran into them leaving Moriarty curled up on the floor.

New Years Eve

Mrs Hudson laughed as Sherlock entered wearing reindeer antlers.  I kissed his cheek then handed him his violin then started to film.  He glared at me before playing Auld Lang Syne not pausing when we started to sing.

"On Old long syne my Jo, on Old long syne.  That thou canst never once reflect, on Old long syne." The song came to the end leaving us laughing at Sherlock's face when his antlers started to glow.  Lestrade passed round the red wine before pulling Molly to his side and kissing her.  I gasped, how did we not know.  John coughed and they broke apart, both of them blushing.  I tapped the space next to me on the sofa and Sherlock sat down letting me cuddle up into his side.  Mrs Hudson glanced down at her watch and her eyes widened.  Taking this as a ign we all started to count down.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six. five, four, three, two, one, Happy New Year!" we shouted but mine was muffled by a kiss off Sherlock.  I heard Mrs Hudson aw, I kissed him back quickly before puling away and whispering in his ear.

"Later,"

A/N

So here's the Christmas/ New Years Eve chapter! Yes I know it is almost November and I'm writing this as last years Christmas but remember this book was set eight months after his death.  I do ship Molly and Lestrade I think it would be cute and I have leaked it into my story.  OMG THE FIFTH ESTATE WAS AMAZING! It is one of the best movies I have ever seen!  Please feel free to vote, comment and tell your friends.

-E.A.Y Thorpe-Downey.