Chapter Thirty-Six

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V

I sat down on a bar stool next to John and he passed me a pint.

"Lucy told me to speak to you."  He nodded before turning to face me.

"Sarah's left me, she's found someone better." 

Ok not really my area of expertise. 

"You'll meet somebody else."  Shit what do I say, should I pat his back, yes I'll try that...  I patted his back and he gave me a strange look.

"Sherlock, at times you're a complete retard."  I frowned.

"I was trying to be nice-"

"You're getting better."

"How many break-ups of yours have I had to deal with?  Nine, ten?"

"Shut up Sherlock."

"It must be at least eight."  I was knocked off my bar stool by a hit straight to my nose.  I hit my back against the hard floor and for a moment I lay there staring up at John's face.

"Batard."

"Posh knob."

"Womanizer."

"Virgin-"

"Not any more remember, Lucy."

"Oh god no."

"Yes."  He offered he his hand, which I took and he pulled me up. 

LUCY'S P.O.V

Half an hour later.

Sherlock climbed up the stairs, stumbling drunkenly in.  He grabbed me round the waist and pulled me against him. 

"You're drunk."

"Drunk on emotions, too many emotions for you."  He kissed me hard, almost knocking me over in the process.  I kissed back, wrapping my legs around his waist and grabbing onto his shoulders.  A deep growl came from his chest and I giggled.  He broke off the kiss.

"Why are you laughing?" He stared at me with a confused expression.

"You growled."  He shrugged.

"So?"

"It sounded weird, I don't think normal people growl."

"Oh shut up."  He kissed me again and I kissed back.  This time he broke off.

"Sorry to stop but I'm going to be sick," he rushed in the direction of the bathroom.  I flopped down into the armchair and stared at the fireplace which was burning coal.  Sherlock doesn't usually drink that much.  John entered and handed a bottle of vodka to me.

"My secret ingredient to getting Sherlock to shut up."  I smiled before before taking a swig and felt the burn in my throat.

"Strong," he nodded.

"It has to be to get him to shut up." I nodded before passing the bottle back to him.

"Can you make some tea and get some water, Sherlock's being sick."  John nodded and I turned to go and check on Sherlock.

ELIZABETH REESE'S P.O.V

I stared down and Mitchell trying to keep a smile as I gave him some strong painkillers.  He grabbed my hand.

"Kill me."  I stared down at him before shaking my head.

"Sir I'm not allowed-"

"I can't have my daughter see me waist away, please."  I shook my head again trying to ignore his pleading eyes.

"Sir-"

"I have the authority to decide, please."  I turned away.

"I'm just going to get worse and worse and no painkillers will be able to stop the pain."

I turned back to him.

"Mitchell, you'd need to speak to my superiors and we'd have to tell you're family."

"Get your superiors for me, but my family must not know."

"Mitchell-"

"Do it."

I watched his hands started to shake, keep calm, just let it happen do as he told you start to scream, fake faint and let him die.  He coughed and a little blood came out.  I let out a scream before collapsing.

LUCY'S P.O.V

My phone rang and I answered and was greeted by a Scottish voice.

"I'm so sorry Miss Adler, your Father has just passed away."  My phone slipped from my hand and crashed against the floor. My world span and I saw John running towards me.

"Lucy!"  I blacked out.

The next day.

I opened my eyes and started up at the ceiling.  Dad.

"How are you?" Sherlock's head came into view.

"H-he's gone."  He just nodded before kicking off his shoes and climbing in next to me and pulling me into a hug.

"I going to examine the body today." I sobbed.

"S-stop talking a-about him l-like he's j-just another b-body Sherlock, he was my -Dad!" Tears streamed down my face.  

"You've got to understand Lucy, this isn't exactly easy for me, trying to comfort you."

"It is because you aren't human!"  I got out of the bed and walked into the living room and was greeted by John.

"Lucy, I'm so sorry-"

"Don't let him near me, don't let that machine near me!" I pushed past John quickly pulling on a pair of shoes before storming out.

SHERLOCK'S P.O.V

I ran out after her, almost knocking John over in the process.  I could see her making her way through the crowded pub, pushing past the customers.  I followed her but as soon as she walked out of the door I knew that I'd lost her.  I stopped and stared at the door, Lucy.  I felt a tear roll steadily down my cheek.  She's right I am a machine, a complete and utter heartless man.  

A/N

And Lulock breaks just like that.  You'll be seeing more of Elizabeth in the future, I'm sorry about Mitchell but It's a part of the plot line.  What did you think of this chapter? Though I may have ended to great things.  Did you people like 'The Sign of Three'?  I thought it was so sad when Sherlock left the wedding early... Oh yes, I would like to promote my book 'Belle Holmes' as I like for it to get a bit more recognition.  As always please vote, comment and tell your friends!

-E.A.Y Thorpe-Downey x