1 Finally lucky

*3rd POV*

"How is your hunt for an assistant going? Any luck?" Itori pushed the glass towards Uta and took one herself.

"No, none of the people I know have time to work at the shop. I'm thinking of just putting up papers in the street and hope someone shows up." Uta smiled and took a sip from his drink.

"But what if a regular human shows up, will you just be rejecting everyone who comes until a ghoul walks through your door?" Itori noted.

Uta expected this and that's why he came up with a solution.

"Of course not, that wouldn't be fair to reject someone just because they're human. If they have the capabilities I need I will hire them. And if they happen to be human so be it. You know I can control myself so I wouldn't have them as afternoon snack."

Uta announced nonchalantly.

Itori only nodded. She knew how stressed Uta was lately because of The Clowns. She herself had a lot of things on her mind. So even though she saw Uta's plan as faulty she didn't want to bother him more with her remarks.

The next morning Uta woke up specially early to go put up the papers of his job offer. He didn't put up many, just a few around the area his shop resided in. Making the job description purposely vague so that only desperate people would take this offer.

*Y/N POV*

And I was left standing before another closed door. Again.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

Even though I put all my energy into sounding excited about working in these interviews and trying to do everything do get a job, I had no luck.

It always ends up on the fact that I don't have experience they need so I'd be useless to them.

With a thud I angrily sat down on the chair in the hallway of the building I just a few moments ago thought I would work at.

The other applicant looked at me weirdly, surprised by my aggression.

I started looking up the next bus to my flat on my phone and seeing that another one doesn't leave in a hour, I sighed.

I decided to walk a bit around the city hoping to find a café to calm my nerves at.

While on the way to the café, I was already thinking of other places I could apply in.

Looking at my phone and then around the street I was in, I tried to find the café I had looked up in my phone.

"This should be it but why is it so dark in there." I tried to look into a window of the building with my hands around my face to close off any outside light. No lights were on and I couldn't see any movement.

"Ugh, is it closed?" I pushed myself away.

I gave the window one last look and noticed some paper taped to it. Thinking it was a notice from the café, I looked at it closer.

It wasn't from the café but it was something much more interesting.

Someone was looking for an assistant at some mask shop. I quickly looked up the address on my phone and learned that it wasn't far from where I stood.

I contemplated if I should try it. The paper didn't have much information about what I'd be doing but I figured what can assistant do in a mask shop other than some minor tasks as cleaning up or bringing coffee.

I really needed a job, my money was getting short anyway so I started going on the way towards the mask shop.

As I was nearing the place, I got nervous again. I didn't know if it wasn't stupid to go look for a job from an ad of the street.

I stood in front of the door of shop from the ad.

I sighed and quiet 'here we go' escaped my mouth as I turned the door nob.

When I walked in I was a bit taken aback by the interior design of this workplace. The chess-like floor tiles and figurines with masks on them like chess pieces neatly stood in line.

"Hello? I've seen the ad and..."

I slowly moved past the figurines like they'd come to life if I touched any of them.

On both sides of the room were display cases with even more masks, each of them lit just right to show them in the best way possible.

I felt like I was in a museum, just the name tags to the exhibits were missing. I had to admit the designs were pretty interesting but it gave me this anxious feeling.

"Do you like it?"

I heard someone say suddenly. Surprised I moved away from the display cases. What surprised me even more was the appearance of the owner of that voice.

A heavily tattooed man, fairly young was smiling at me. More so than his tattoos, the coloring of his eyes was what captured my attention. Black eyes with red center was what ghouls had.

My eyes widened and I started regretting my decision to go here.

"I...um...your eyes..." Words were falling involuntarily out of my mouth as I slowly backed towards the door.

Seeing my scared expression, the man quickly explained that those were just tattoos and that I shouldn't be scared.

I was still weary but his smile seemed genuine so I took few steps forward.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." I apologized.

"Don't worry, it happens to me all the time." He chuckled and came closer to me.

"I'm Uta by the way." He held out his hand and I shook it, telling him my name in return.

"I saw that you were looking for an assistant, is that still true?" I tried to not sound desperate.

"Oh yeah, are you interested?"

"Yes! I'm mean what would that occupation mean for me." I changed my tone to not sound so interested.

"Just helping me here and there, nothing hard." He motioned around the shop with his hand.

I acted like I was thinking but in my head I already accepted that offer.

"Okay then I'll take it."

His face lit upon hearing my decision and I smiled as well.

Finally, I had a job!