5 Finally, a help

After Uta had collected his thoughts, he decided to close the shop for the day and go with Itori to talk. I didn't know why it couldn't wait but it had to be important since Uta sent me home and closed the shop for the day.

Itori seemed like a nice person so I didn't understand why was Uta so angry that we talked, she wasn't even a customer so it didn't go with the rule that I can't talk to customers.

I was really confused about that so I used the free time I got to practice stitching and thinking of the real reason why my existence had to be hidden in the shop.

*next day*

When Uta came to the shop I was already there and had started preparing for it to open.

"Morning, bunny." Uta jokingly cooed in my ear.

"Morning." I murmured. I was still too tired to react to his jokes even though it had surprised me, him being that close.

"Sorry for yesterday. I really had to deal with it right away." He said apologetically while putting his things on the couch.

While still listening to him, I showed him a coffee cup which was my way of asking if he wanted to make a coffee.

He nodded understanding my intention so I started the coffee maker.

"Even though I can't pay you for your lost time yesterday, I have a better option." He looked at me excitedly.

I turned to him, my eyebrow raised. Despite my suspicion, Uta continued explaining his "great" idea.

"You will get a chance, like in a game show." He announced dramatically.

My one raised eyebrow was now accompanied by the second one. I expectantly waited for the big reveal.

"You can ask me to help you with one of the three patterns and I'll show you. Sound good?"

I put the coffee on the high table Uta was sitting at and leaned on the table.

"Okay then." I wasn't that amused because I came to terms that I'm going to perfect the stitches myself.

Uta motioned me to bring him the fabric of which stitch I wanted him to help me with.

When I came back I sat down on the barstool and pushed the fabric in front of him.

"This one? This one's not that hard, you really can't do it?" Uta looked at the stitch.

"Hey, I thought you'd help me not make fun of me."

Before I could end my sentence, Uta grabbed my stool and pulled me closer to him without a word.

My mind went blank for a second from what just happened. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, we were so close to each other.

Uta must have noticed my surprise as a little smile formed on his lips.

"Comfortable?"

"Uh yes." I murmured.

"Okay so, you started out good but you see these knots? They're too bulky and that'd be uncomfortable if someone wore a mask with these knots."

I quietly listened and nodded like I was his apprentice.

We were so close to each other I felt like I could feel Uta's hot breath tickle my neck.

Uta took the needle and thread and started slowly stitching, making sure I was able to watch what he was doing. Then he gave me back the fabric and motioned me to do the same. I started doing the first knot and he immediately stopped me.

"You're doing the same mistake again. Gimme that." He ripped the fabric out of my hands.

"Out and around..." He commented as his hands did the movement.

"But I did that." I whined.

"No, you didn't. Now do it right or I'll be calling you worse nicknames than bunny."

I'll show him.

I huffed.

I started stitching again. I was getting to the knot again so I slowed down.

Suddenly I froze.

Another pair of hands appeared on mine. Veiny hands with skinny long fingers perfect for doing fine work.

"Out and around Y/N. Out and around." He led my hands to make the movement he wanted.

His hands left when I tightened the knot and I felt like something was missing. The heat Uta's hands left on mine was quickly disappearing and I wanted to feel the warmth again.

What was happening.

"See it isn't that hard. Now you'll hopefully do it right." He had an accomplished look on his face even though he didn't do anything special. Other than...making me feel weird.

"I...uh...yes." I collected myself and my hands started moving the needle.

Uta was quietly watching me, making sure I didn't make any mistakes. And by his small nodding I made out that I was doing it right.

I finished at the end of the fabric and inspected it. It looked good but I had to check the knots too. They were neat and not bumpy.

I wanted to celebrate but it still didn't go through the metal wall of Uta's inspection so I stayed quiet.

Without a word, I gave Uta the fabric.

I watched the table rather than him because I couldn't stomach if he ripped it apart again.

He was taking his time and that made me nervous.

It seemed like he was looking for any mistake he could find.

Why was I so nervous?

And why did I even care?

"Hm..." My ears perked up, I was ready to hear his criticism.

"...it looks like you did a pretty good job, congratulations." He turned to me and smiled.

My eyes widened and a big smile appeared on my lips.

I was like a child getting praised by their parents for the food the child "cooked" with mud and grass.

"Really?" I asked just to be sure.

He nodded and I burst with happiness jumping from the chair and doing a little winning dance. I didn't care if he saw me this time because I was so happy.

"Thank you Uta so much, you are the best!" I hugged him.

He was a bit surprised how I pulled him down in my direction when he was still sitting on the barstool.

He lightly patted my back.

"You don't have to thank me, you did that, not me." He pulled away and smiled.