7 Scary encounter

Since I had so much time now and didn't want to spend all of it at home so I decided to go out on the last day.

I called my friend and we agreed to go for a few drinks. I wanted to let loose a bit because the time I have spent at home I was constantly thinking about how was going to Uta fire me when I get back to work and be late again.

Since my friend had work the next day, and me too actually, we decided to cut the night short and go our separate ways around 10PM.

The night was warm that day so I went home on foot rather than taking the bus. I was in a good mood since I was a bit tipsy so observing all the nightlife that buzzed through the street was entertaining.

Subconsciously I wanted to prolong the time before I'd go to sleep because that meant I'd be closer to Uta firing me.

I didn't know if I was more upset that I'd lose my job or that I wouldn't see Uta again.

I was nearing the alley close to the shop that I was used to taking when going home from work. It was a normal-looking alley during the day but now it was pitch black and looked a little scary.

Before I entered the alley I clutched my purse and picked up the pace.

My eyes were darting from corner to corner as I walked through the alley.

"Well, hello."

My eyes widened when a hand touched my shoulder.

I slowly turned around to see and scary-looking guy smiling at me.

"I'm sorry I have to go." I said anxiously and tried to step away but the grip on my shoulder only tightened.

My heartbeat started going up and my breathing was quicker.

"Oh, I don't think so missy." He leaned closer.

I was quickly losing hope. This guy was definitely a ghoul. I could see his eyes darkening and the pupils getting red.

"Please just let me go please." I pleaded and closed my eyes because I couldn't watch what was about to happen.

"Hey! Get away from her!"

Like a light in the dark Uta's voice rang in my ears.

I quickly opened my eyes and saw his figure standing at the end of the alley. He looked really mad.

"And why should I? I found her first." The guy smugly said.

"This is not your ward, you have no business here, you got your info now leave." Uta gritted and he slowly came closer to us.

The guy didn't budge but as Uta wasn't stopping, the guy continued and I could feel the grip on my shoulder loosen a bit.

"Ugh, I don't have time for this." The guy sighed out and let go of me. He gave Uta one last look and then he was gone.

Uta quickly came to me.

"You okay? You looked scared there."

"Of course I was scared, I was almost eaten by a ghoul!" All the anxiety was now coming out as I felt my eyes water.

I could see the smile tugging at his lips.

"Well it's okay now, you're alive and the only bad thing is that your shirt is a bit ruffled up." He chuckled and he straightened up my shirt. He was acting a bit too casual for what just happened and that he just scared away a ghoul.

I know Uta can look scary but to scare away a ghoul? That seemed too much.

"Um, how did you get here anyway." I stepped away from him crossing my arms.

"Are you stalking me?" I squinted my eyes.

"Haha, can't I hang around my shop? I was working on a mask and wanted to go for some fresh air. Simple as that." He gave me a carefree smile.

"Hm, maybe I'll believe that." I wanted to look suspicious but my small smile gave me away that I didn't take it seriously.

"Why are you out this late anyway? Don't you have work tomorrow?" He smirked.

"I...yeah..." I didn't want to tell him that I went drinking because I knew that tomorrow was the last day at my job.

"So come on, I'll walk you home. You gotta go to bed early so you won't be late again tomorrow." He walked past me in the direction of my apartment.

I watched his back as he slowly walked and whistled to himself.

I had a bad feeling in my stomach because of his reaction tomorrow. He won't be happy when I come late again.

I sighed defeated and started walking to catch up to him.

"Hey, wait for me at least if you're supposed to walk me home." I playfully slapped his shoulder.

I wanted to enjoy the last moments I see Uta happy before I'd get yelled at the following day.

"Oh sorry bunny. I thought you were behind me." He chuckled.

I thought I'd have to tell him where to turn and go to get to my flat but he casually walked and now we were close to my home.

"Um, how do you know where to go Uta? You are not helping your stalker suspicion I have of you."

"Huh? Don't be a dummy Y/N, your address was in your work contract. And I know 4th ward in and out." He innocently smiled at me.

Oh, right.

We were now standing at the door to the apartment complex. I was trying to find my keys in my purse when something hit me.

Completely ignoring what Uta said I asked.

"How did you know that guy wasn't from this ward?"

He froze in his easy-going expression and there was a little pause before he answered.

"Ah don't worry about it, now go go, you need to go to sleep already." He said as he hurried me to open the door and go in.

I was so lost in my thoughts of why he knew that, that I let myself be persuaded by him, and before I realized that he completely dodged my question the door shut behind me.