Episode 4 - Ivor's Lab Has A Lot Of Secret's Hidden

~CRYSTAL P.O.V

We walked into Ivor's lab and saw there were shelves on top of shelves of books in here, along with potions. "So many books!" Gabriel said as he walked down the long wall book selves. "We should be careful, this place could be booby-trapped," Olivia told us and I nodded.

"Olivia's right. Let's just start looking for the enchanting book," I told everyone before they walked off and into the room. I looked at the books that were in front of me to see if I could find the book, but I didn't see it. I looked over to my left and saw Lukas looking at the bookshelves where the books were.

I walked over to him and stood next to him. "Hey, Lukas. Having any luck?" I asked him. He shook his head as he turned to look at me. "No. Just... Been thinking about other stuff, actually," he told me and I raised an eyebrow. "Stuff such as...?" I trailed off, motioning him to continue.

"You know. Gabriel... The Ocelots. People getting Wither Sickness, and amnesia," Lukas informed me before he sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I came with you, I really am. I just... I'm just scared for everyone. For them... For us..." Lukas trailed off and I set my hand on his shoulder.

"You're a good friend, Lukas. The fact that you're always thinking about others... It says a lot," I told him and he chuckled. "Well, I like my friends. I guess that's why they're friends in the first place, right?" Lukas asked me and shrugged. "Either that, or you like that they say nice things about you," I told him and he scoffed jokingly with a smile.

"Ivor, on the other hand... I think his only friends were books," Lukas said before we looked up at the books. "I guess being an angry loner leaves you a lot of time to read," I guessed. Lukas let out a laugh as he walked closer to the bookshelf. "Tell me about it. 'How to Train Your Slime.' 'The Various Uses of Mooshroom Stew.' 'Potion-ology, Volume 24...?'" Lukas questioned.

"Are any of them the enchanting book?" I asked him. He turned back to me and shook his head. "I don't think so," he told me. I nodded. "Right. Keep looking," I told him. He nodded before looking back at the bookshelves. I walked away from him and over to Olivia.

"Olivia, any luck?" I asked as she turned to look at me. She put her hands on her hips. "Not really. Ivor has too many books, and there's too few of us looking. How did we end up split up like this? I feel like we're spreading ourselves too thin. I miss how things used to be. That first night we all spent together..." Olivia trailed off.

I smiled slightly. "At least Lukas is still here. For a moment back at the cave, I thought he was gonna leave us," I admitted as I hugged myself. Olivia nodded in agreement. "Glad you talked him out of it. He's smart, I like having him around," Olivia told me.

I stopped hugging myself and looked back at Lukas before looking back at Olivia. "And... He has excellent hair," I whispered to her. We looked back at Lukas to see him looking at the books. "He does have good hair, doesn't he?" Olivia said before she giggled.

We looked at each other again as she smiled. "See? This is why we get along so well," Olivia told me. I nodded with a smile as Olivia turned back to look for the enchantment book. I walked down in between two bookshelves. I spotted Soren looking down in thought and worry but as I got close, he turned back to the books, pretending like he was looking.

I decided not to talk to him because it didn't look like he wanted to be talked to and walked into the main room where a fireplace was and a little bit of open space. Gabriel was looking at some potions, Jesse was looking at some books, and Reuben was sitting near a fireplace.

I walked over to Jesse. "Have any luck?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Nope. It's just a bunch of potion books and other stuff like that... Have you had a... Thing from-" I cut him off by hitting him on his shoulder. "I told you not to talk about that when there are other people nearby," I hissed at him and nodded.