CHAPTER 8 - ReVeluv

Saturday 7pm

Lisa's P.O.V

As the week went by, I found myself becoming more and more used to Jennie's presence. She would often show up unannounced offering me a lift to the academy or sit with me and my friends at lunch in the cafeteria. Perhaps I had become accustomed to her ways when even if I found her staring at me in class, I wasn't as irritated as before but still found it a little strange.

As for Tzuyu, I hadn't seen her all week except on one occasion in biology when she would smile and wave at me as always. We hadn't spoken since the mall and in some ways it was largely due to Jennie always managing to find a way to intervene. I didn't mind though, for the arrival of the long awaited Red Velvet concert was finally here and I simply could not have been more ecstatic.

"Rosé, hurry up! Jennie will be here any minute." I yelled down the corridor as I made my way into the lounge, putting on my jacket and quickly checking my reflection in the nearby silver framed mirror.

My cousin emerged from her room, looking around in confusion

My cousin emerged from her room, looking around in confusion. "I'm ready, I just can't find my house keys..."

It was always like Rosé to be somewhat forgetful as I pointed at the large, marble table in front of the TV. "They're there on the coffee table where they always are. Now, hurry up!! We cannot be late for this concert."

Cheerfully she smiled but chuckled at my overly eager mood. "Geez Lisa, I'm excited too but calm down or you might pass out before we even get there."

"And miss seeing Irene? No chance."

With Rosé finally ready, we both hurried downstairs to the cafe and waited beside the entrance. Glancing around Jennie still wasn't here, as I sighed abruptly looking at my wristwatch.

"I just need to say bye to mom and dad. Back in a second."

"Rosé, she'll be here any minute-" Before I could finish my sentence, Rosé had already wandered behind the counter where her parents were busy baking.

My eyes darted to the nearby TV screen showcasing the latest Kpop videos. It was ironic that at that moment a Red Velvet MV was playing adding to my excitement for the evening.

Lost in the melody, I was taken aback when Jennie tapped me on the shoulder smiling her usual gummy smile. "Hi Lili, ready to go?"

"Hey Jennie, yeah I'm just waiting for Rosé." I gestured towards my cousin who was happily chatting to her father beside the cabinet of mouth-watering selection of pastries.

"Perfect. Oh! I hope you don't mind but my sister wanted to tag along too."

Just as Jennie spoke, her sister immediately entered the cafe. Cool, calm and aloof as always. "Jennie, I don't "tag along" anywhere. Hello... ummm..."

"It's Lisa. We've already met twice..." I rolled my eyes at her, remembering how little I liked the eldest Kim since our previous encounter.

She scoffed with an insincere smile, her eyes looking at me as though I was clearly beneath her. "Hmm... now I certainly remember you."