CHAPTER 19 - Lost

Wednesday 8:30am

Lisa's P.O.V

It was a perfect start to any day as I strolled towards the academy gates with Jennie hand in hand. The sun was smiling down on us, the flowers gently swaying as if the entire universe blessed us in our wake.

I listened so intently to every joke she made, watched as she made small gestures and admired how much better she made the world simply by just existing. Things had been going so well. We were always at ease around each other, a simplicity I found hard to find amongst others.

It was pure bliss as we enjoyed the serenity of being solely with one another until we arrived at the academy by our lockers to a unexpected duo.

"I wondered when we'd be seeing you again." Momo said, smiling warmly.

"Hi Momo, Nayeon, it's nice to see you both again." I bowed politely, noticing Jennie had suddenly gone quiet.

"Have you finally decided to join us in the dance club?" Momo asked enthusiastically. She asked on a few occasions since Busan but I hadn't gotten around to actually signing up.

To the side, I glanced at Jennie who raised her eye brows at me in disapproval. We'd spoken about the possibility of me taking more extra-curricular activities just last week but she didn't seem keen on the idea.

"Well... not exactly." I awkwardly replied.

Momo smirked. "That's okay, maybe you've been a little busy lately, right? You're still welcome to join though!"

"Busy?" I asked in confusion.

Momo shrugged, pointing between Jennie and I. "Lis, everyone knows about you and Jennie. You've kind of become a hot topic around the academy."

"A topic which is none of your business." Jennie stated, clearly irritated by her clenched fists and scowling expression.

I put my arm around her which instantly seemed to make her relax. "Jen... it's okay. Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure I'll have time with exams coming up. I really need to focus on studying for it or I'll... you know... fail."

As I mumbled awkwardly thinking about the impending exams, Nayeon chuckled as I smiled back. A sudden harsh nudge from Jennie brought me back to reality that her patience of standing here making small talk was wearing thin.

"I'm sure you won't fail, Lisa. If you want a break though, you're more than welcome to join one of our practices. It's every Tuesday and Thursday lunchtime so feel free to stop by."

"Thank you, I'd actually really like that-" I started to reply but was immediately interrupted by the fuming brunette beside me.

"She'll think about it. Goodbye."

And with that, Jennie pulled my hand away as Momo and Nayeon exchanged confused glances.

Walking along the corridor to our first class of the day, I timidly asked the question I was determined to know. "Jen, why are you so against me joining? It might be fun."

Loudly, she scoffed. "I think you have a tendency to have a little too much fun when it comes to being in dance studios..."

I sighed, pulling my hand back from her as we stood outside our homeroom. "Jennie, I thought we agreed to forget that."

She spun around to glare at me, noticing nearby students watching the dramatic scene. "No, Lisa! We agreed to not talk about it but how you think I can just forget that the love of my life was found in a compromising situation with Irene Bae I'd be fascinated to know!"