CHAPTER 38 - Glimmer Of Hope

"Just like a story,
Of love and glory,
A vision beyond our wildest dreams.

We're free to be,
Just you and me,
Where happiness is our destiny."

J.K.

Saturday 10am

Jisoo's P.O.V

A week had passed since I'd left the Manor and now I found myself standing outside the large arched doorway once again. It was the last place I wanted to be but knowing my father had a meeting planned and my mother was back from her business trip, I knew this was the only time I'd be able to speak to her.

Rosé waited outside, siting on the porch as I made my way back into what was once my family home. It felt so strange to be back after the freedoms of the last week. I'd been staying with Rosé and her family and in that short time they'd showd me all I'd been missing. That happiness truly did exist.

The maid showed me to the conservatory where my mother was sat reading and enjoying the fresh morning air. She seemed a little surprised to see me, after all we hadn't spoken in almost 2 weeks.

"Goodmorning Eomma. I bowed politely as she placed her novel down gently on the table.

"Goodmorning Jisoo. I'm surprised to see you here, your father told me what happened. Have you been okay?"

I nodded my head, taking in the views of the familiarity of it all as I sat on the cushioned bay window. The family portraits, classic antiques and lavish interior showcasing a life of oppulance. "I'm fine, better than fine actually. Appa and I had a disagreement and I've been staying with Rosé."

"I was worried about you." My mother looked at me with concern. I knew she was torn and trapped in this life. She was often a reserved person and my father always made every decision. She herself had come from a wealthy family but had been swept up in the Kim legacy years ago and this had become the trap of her normality.

"Then why didn't you ever contact me?" I mumbled sadly.

She moved to sit beside me, on the bay window as we looked out across the manicured, emerald lawns. It was picturesque, the epitome of beauty. "I only just got back from my business meeting when your father told me you'd left. He made it clear he wants you to apologise."

"I can't apologise for not meeting his expectations. I can't say sorry for being who I am."

It was the most heartfelt conversation my mother and I had ever had as I continued. "I don't want to put you in the middle of this situation, I'm just here because I'm concerned about Jennie and I need to know where she is. I know Appa knows and he's frozen my bank accounts so I can't find her."

As the clock on the wall began to chime, my mother seemed to grow weary. "Your sister will be fine but you know you shouldn't be here, Jisoo. Your father really isn't happy with your behaviour lately."

"He's never happy in general. It makes no difference." I replied calmly which she seemed to notice.

"You seem so much more confident now." She replied, not surprised but somehow sounding proud.

Glancing outside again, it was then I saw Rosé sitting by the wall taking care of a small kitten that had wandered into the garden.