CHAPTER 32 - Venom

Friday 11am (1 week later)

Rosé's P.O.V

It was my favourite time in the week as I sat in the music club room, alone with only my guitar for company. With so much happening over the last few weeks, I'd as usual found that music had become the perfect way to express how I felt when words seemed to vanish in conversation.

As I practiced the lyrics to another song to my collection, I failed to hear the door open as a voice suddenly startled me from across the room

"Amazing as ever."

I glanced to see Taeyeon walking towards me. She looked so much better than the last time I'd seen her, so lost and emotionless in hospital. "Tae! Are you using the room for a vocal practice? I'm sorry."

Shaking her head, she picked up a guitar case with her name stitched proudly in small lettering on the side. "You don't need to apologise, Rosé. When I joined the university being in the music club was always my dream so when I started being in charge of it, I wanted to make sure that it was for everyone. I just left my guitar here this morning."

"How are you?" I nervously asked.

Warmly, she smiled and I was filled with comfort. "I'm good, I've been busy with my music. What about you?"

"I'm okay, things have been pretty hectic lately." The thoughts of the last few weeks with Jisoo and then Lisa's news clouded my mind as she broke me once again from my thoughts.

"I heard about your engagement from Winter, congratulations." The was a hint of sadness in her voice but a genuine small smile on her face. I knew this was hard for her but as usual she was selfless and put others first.

I placed my guitar down as she sat beside me. "Tae... I would have told you but I know we haven't really talked since you were in hospital."

"It's okay, it's just how things are now." Again, that sadness resurfaced but she didn't dwell on it as we sat in silence until she suddenly decided to change the topic.

"I got offered a training program with SM." She mumbled quietly.

"That's amazing! I didn't even know you'd auditioned." It was incredible news well in need of celebration. In the hecticness of the past fews weeks, I was saddened to realise that I hadn't been able to share in this amazing achievement with her.

"Well I wasn't sure whether to take it. It's in Busan and it'll be a big change and a lot of work but we both talked about it for so long. It's my aspiration in life to be a musician."

Wrapping my arms around her, I gave her a big hug mumbling as I did. "I'm really proud of you. You deserve the success."

After a short while we broke away, her cheeks were blushed pink. "Thank you. Maybe this isn't my place to say this but please don't give up on your dreams. There's a story in those lyrics still yet to be told."