Enchanted (Part 2)

~~~

my girlfriend...

my girlfriend...

my girlfriend...

She cursed inside her head, and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself while Kendrick was busy introducing her to Andrea.

When Kendrick turned to her, she showed the brightest smile she ever faked in her whole life.

"She's the author of your favorite book, When We First Met. This is my surprise. Do you like it?"Kendrick asked Andrea. Andrea turned to her, with an awkward smile that she sensed.

"S-She's the author? This must be a dream."Andrea let out an awkward chuckle. Terri also wished this was a dream too.

She had been working anonymously, and only a few knew who she is behind her username, and she never expected this girl to be her fan.

"You're a fan? Thanks for your support."she acted with a smile. Andrea awkwardly chuckled.

"Didn't you bring your book to have her sign it?"Kendrick asked his girlfriend.

"O-Oh..Yeah...I did...But...is it okay?"Andrea asked Terri and Terri nodded, hiding what she truly feels behind her facade.

Andrea then searched in her bag, and pulled out the book she have written years ago, when she first met him, and was just published two years ago.

"Do you have a pen?"Terri asked. Andrea went for her bag again and pulled out a pen. She handed it to Terri and she signed the book.

"Thank you for this Terri. Andrea always dreamed of meeting you one day, and I coincidentally meet you. I always want to make her happy. I hope your not upset about this."Kendrick told her.

"No, no, no. It's fine. Don't apologize. And I hope you won't tell anyone anymore about me. I would want to stay unknown."Terri said.

"Of course. You can count on me with that. Anyway, what was this thing you were suppose to tell me?"he asked, making Andrea turn to her, and both of them stared at each other for a good five seconds.

She saw fear in her pleading eyes, telling her not to. But at the moment that they came, she have already made up her mind.

She faked to look at her watch and looked quite worried.

"Oh no... I'm late. My editor and I still needs to meet at the company. I think we should just talk next time, Kendrick. I really need to go now. Just enjoy the day with your girlfriend, okay? Bye now."she excused.

"Wait. Do you need a ride? I brought a car."Kendrick offered. She turned to him and then turned to Hailey who's not far from her, who's stopping herself from making a scene.

"Uhm, thanks but, I already told my friend to pick me up and I think she's already on the way here."she answered and smiled at him.

"Oh. Okay then. See you soon. Again."Kendrick asked, disappointed. He can't seem to explain why he's quite drawn to this girl whom he just met a couple of weeks ago.

"Y-Yeah. I'll be off now. Take care. T-Thanks to you too, Andrea."she said and looked at her.

"Yeah...take care, Terri."

She then walked, almost ran away from them, just to have a great distance to let out the tears that was waiting to fall.

"Terri..."Hailey called out for her and she hugged her bestfriend.

"Hailey...I knew it....I already received the signs, but I ignored them....I kept on hoping....only to be left alone in the end..."she said in between her light sobs.