Chapter 2:An Expected Meeting

"Reanna!" My mom calls out to me.

Oh no! I'm gonna be really late! Why do I always wake up late? But today I have a reason for it. It's because of what happened yesterday, I shouldn't have kept thinking of it all night. As a result, I didn't get much sleep.

"Bye mom!"

"Wait Reanna! You forgot your lunch!" Mom said as she hands over my bento.

"Thanks!" I ran outside as quickly as I can.

There was a big crowd outside. I can see a lot of shops that are opened for business already. They must be on sale today, I should ask mom about it when I get home. Imagine how much food I can eat when mom buys them and the fact that they're all cheap too! I'm already drooling over it.

Now! I got all the motivation I need. It's time to hurry up for school.

"Ouch!" Someone suddenly bumped me along the way.

I looked at him out of reflex, he's quite cute but he had a very cold eyes and a dull expression on his face. He's wearing an expensive-looking outfit, it's like as if I'm looking to a prince. His dreary expression really ruins his classy outfit.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" He said.

"Sorry... Wait! You're the one who bumped me! YOU watch where you're going!" I yelled back at him.

I shouldn't be the one apologizing here, what a dishonest guy! He reminds me of someone I just met before on the other side of the portal, makes me annoyed!

"Tsk!" He clicks his tongue then he walks past me.

Why do I always meet rude people! I didn't do anything wrong to deserve this, right?! This is really unfair! How can I avoid situations like this when these kinds of people are almost everywhere? Ugh, I should just get to school. What a way to start my day... All that guy has is his pretty face and expensive clothes. Even so, he doesn't have the right to be so rude!

"Reanna! You're a fast walker. Good thing I was able to catch up to you. I started to panic when your mom said that you already left." Rey approached me with a tired-looking face and a tiring gesture of his body.

"It's because you're really slow." I giggled.

"Geez! Is that your payback from last time? How cheap."

"I wasn't thinking like that! But if you want it that way then bring it on!"

But eventually after that, we just both laughed at each other.

We arrived at school on time and we said goodbye to each other afterwards. I wish Rey and I are in the same class. Seriously! I don't have anyone to talk to. I don't have any friends, I'm really a loner. But at least some of my classmates still remembers me. That way I can convince myself that I'm not a loner somehow but they rarely talk to me though.

___________________________________

Mira-sensei entered the classroom with a cheerful smile. I wonder why? Is there some kind of event that is about to happen? It's just that she always wears a serious look, seeing her smiling widely now, guess I'm not used to it.

"Class, are you all ready?"

"Yes, Mira-sensei!"

"Huh? Ready for what?" I asked one of my classmates.

"We're gonna be battling monsters today!" She replies excitedly.

Ehhhh?! But I'm totally not ready, I didn't have enough practice! I definitely can't do this. I didn't even know that we will be doing that kind of lesson! This is just too sudden!