Chapter 9:Wrath of the Rain God

I tried not to make any movements as I tugged onto his shirt. An inexpressible uncertainty weighed down on me. He looks calm but he's also very observant of his surroundings.

Arren, are you hiding something? Whenever you make a blank expression on your face, I feel like you have a secret that you don't want anybody to know about. Your personality is greatly covered with mystery.

A few drops of water came from the sky and landed on our arms. Then a heavy rainfall suddenly tumbled down on us after it as Arren grabbed my hand and we hurriedly retreated, hoping to find a dry and safe place to temporarily settle in.

____________________________

We found a cave nearby and we stayed in it for a moment while we patiently waited for the rain to stop. I can't help but stare outside, It fell down harder and harder as the thunder combined with it. The wind slashed its way towards us and it quickly chilled me up.

The landscape outside was dotted with reflective pools as the rain continued to pour down the whole place. Why is this happening to us? Moreover, a lady shouldn't be alone
with a guy this long. It's quite indecent, what if someone see us together?

Never mind that...I don't care anymore, the only thing that matters to me is to find a way to escape this situation we're currently in. I hope sensei finds us as soon as possible.

"Here." Arren gave me his coat.

"W-What!? I don't need it."

"Stop being picky and just put it on! If you catch a cold, sensei would blame me for it." He exclaimed.

"T-Thanks..."

He's acting weird lately, why is he showing me kindness? I thought that he hated me.
Is he doing this because I'm being useless again? Or...maybe he just don't want sensei to get angry at him. It's really lame for a guy to think that way, especially for someone who has a big pride when doing things on his own.

STOP IT! I already said to myself that I don't care anymore! I'm always overthinking things so much. I should watch out for him, he might be planning something horrible. For now, I'll just hold a normal conversation with him.

"When you rescued me awhile ago, you're not in your transformation outfit."

Come to think of it, his appearance didn't change at all. Unlike the others, he didn't transform.

"I see, you've noticed it....But you're so slow I could die!" He laughed.

"Stop it! It's not my responsibility to notice things anyway!"

Even so, he does have a point...holding my embarrassment, my mind went blank.
I was with him the whole time, how come I didn't notice it earlier!?

"I don't need to, I'm already powerful enough to beat those monsters."

"What kind of reason is that!?"

"It's the truth, idiot."

Pff! Now he's bragging about his powers! It would be sensible if he just don't want me to see his transformation. After that, he puts his hands behind his head and leaned back against them. It looks like he's planning to take a short nap. Seeing him, I felt sleepy too. Waiting for everyone is so tiring after all. No no! Stop it, I won't ever sleep together with him!

_____________________________

So cold...we don't have any firewood to set up a campfire. My hands can't stop from shaking. I kept it warm by using my breath, but it's not enough. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the coldness that I feel. My hands can't stay like this for so long, they will get frostbites.