Chapter 3:The Grand Ball?

From the moment you were born.
I knew what love was really about.
I loved you more than anything.
Loved you more than a precious gemstone.
Beyond the shadow of a doubt.
The bond I felt was unbreakable.
And instantly I knew,
That I would spend eternity.

_______________________________

"Stop It! You're hurting me!"

I saw two people fighting before my eyes. From the looks of it, they look like lovers. I can't see their faces clearly, but I can tell that they broke up. I felt really sad looking at them, Why? I don't know.

♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘

That dream again, why am I always dreaming something like that?

"Ehh!?" Tears? When did I start crying?

Why am I crying?! Is it because of my dream? I can feel sadness breaking my heart to pieces. My chest feels really tight and it happens whenever I have a dream like that. This is really weird, I've never felt like this before. It's as if I have lost someone special, I really need to recover my memories as soon as possible. I can't stand the fact that I don't know anything.

"Reanna come down already! Breakfast is waiting for you." My mom came to my room.

Before she could leave, I asked her about my pendant.

"Wait mom!" I said as I dug through the drawer and showed her my pendant.

"Oh my! The lace is broken, I'll fix it later dear." She looked at the pendant as if she was the one who polished it.

"Mom, can you tell me where it came from?"

"It's... It's a precious heirloom from your father, he gave it to you before he died." She said it with a lot of hesitation, maybe she doesn't wanted to remember him after all. I knew that so I stopped questioning her instead. Looks like I asked her a very sensitive topic.

I ran downstairs in a hurry, and I saw Rey. He really loves mom's cooking, that's why he eats here sometimes. Someday I wanna be like mom, she's really good at almost everything. She graduated in the Arisiera Academy too, I wonder If she's also good at school. What am I thinking, of course she is!

"Delicious!" Rey complimented.

"Of course! It's mom's specialty!" I smiled, seeing him gobble down my mom's cooking.

Even though I knew that father was already dead, I can't help thinking about who he is. There is no picture of him, I don't know what he looks like. Where did mom meet him or what is his family background. I have a lot of questions and whenever I ask mom about him, she always dodge the question. I should just stop asking her...

"Reanna? Are you okay?" Rey asked me.

"Yes, of course! What makes you say that?"

"Nah, it's just that you're seem to be in deep thoughts I guess. If something is bothering you, I'm always here to listen."

"Just don't mind me, there is nothing to worry about."

Now he made me lie to him, I feel really guilty already. I just don't want him to worry and take pity on me. This is a situation that I'm concerned about and it's my family. I will try harder to find all the lost fragments of my memories, I can't just go on like this forever. I'm sure that there's a way to remember my past.

"Ahh... I'm hungry." I sighed.

"Ehh!? But we just ate breakfast!" Rey said.

"Come on! It's obviously not enough, I want more."