Chapter 6:Reminiscence

"Well you see...I actually wrote that book." He clasped his hands.

Really!? I didn't know that Rey was a great author! But...his woeful expression was quite confusing. What seems to be the matter?

"You know? I like your book! Don't worry, I'm sure that a lot of people would be happy to read it!" I tried to cheer him up, though it didn't work.

His behavior started to completely change. I may have made it worse! I looked at him, hoping that he will react to me positively. However, his eyes were clouded and they started to lose the colors of hope as we speak. Silence stretched between us for awhile, then he finally gained some courage to face me.

"I-It all began on that day..."

______________________________

🔶~REY'S POINT OF VIEW~🔶

We were very happy, me and my parents. Mom would always make us delicious meals. And dad would always take me with him on his adventures outside the kingdom. We tend to pick a lot of fire wood and hunt rare creatures. Dad was an adventurer after all.
But then one day...

(Cough!..cough!)

"Mom, are you alright?"

My mom suffered from an unknown illness that magic can't even heal it. Dad tried to find a cure for her. But he didn't had any progress at all. As the days go by, my mom grew weaker. Who knew that such joyful memories can be shattered very easily.

"Dinner is ready.."

"Mom...mom? Come on, wake up before the food gets cold."

"...."

"MOM!! Open your eyes...Mom!"

She passed away without saying a word. The way that I would say to her that dinner is ready every night, that was the last. Dad became very frustrated, he couldn't do anything to save her.

Everyday, he would always mourn for her. He eventually stopped being an adventurer, he wouldn't talk to me either. It's as if I was not there anymore. All I could do was watch him struggle and destroy himself.

"Rey...I'll definitely bring her back."

"Father, you don't mean to--!"

He set on a journey to find a mysterious spell...a spell that can resurrect the dead.
Is that even possible? Knowing this, I tried to prevent him from going at first.
But there's nothing that can surpass a human's desire.

Days...years had passed by, there was no sign of him. I decided to write a book, hoping that he would someday be able to receive it and realize his foolishness. Well...it's not like he can read it.

"A man suddenly disappeared in mid air!" I heard some of the townspeople talking about someone...disappeared? Maybe that's my dad!

After searching for him, I found out that he travelled to an enigmatic dimension.
I knew that I can never go there, I was afraid. That's when I finally gave up. There's nothing I could do. I felt ashamed of creating that book! It's all lies...I didn't really went after him, I clearly abandoned him!

_____________________________

💠~REANNA'S POINT OF VIEW~💠

After telling me about his past, I remained speechless. I watched him leave without saying anything. I didn't know anything about him after all. He was carrying it all for a long time, he suffered that kind of life. I shouldn't have brought it back to him. I can't stop thinking about yesterday...