Chapter 5:The Special Department

I don't want to remember what happened yesterday. People these days lack good sense of judgement. Don't they have any sympathy for others!? Thinking about it makes my blood boil! Rey tried to ask me what happened, but I decided not to tell him. I'm too angry to lash out at a person close to me. It's my own problem after all.

Mira-sensei was pretty late today. Since I don't really have anything to do, I chose to read a book while waiting. The book was on sale the other day, so I bought it without faltering. I can say that it was interesting.

The story was about a man who was trapped in a world where darkness lurks around. On the other hand, after hearing about his sudden disappearance, his son decided to go on a journey to find him. I was amused by the author's craftsmanship, to think that he could produce such a masterpiece like this. But...I wonder why I feel nostalgic about it.

"Good morning." Mira-sensei walked in.

"Good morning Mira-sensei!" We all greeted her.

"Everyone please pass your assignments."

Our homework was about building mana stones. I don't really have enough money so I just built a plain one, it can replenish a little amount of energy. After all, the ingredients for making it are very expensive. My classmates built amazing stones, they even decorated it personally. I wish I can do the same but...Like I said, I'm not that rich to afford such luxuries. And the decorations would be removed when it's consumed anyway.

________________________________

Today, the special department will start its class. They said that it was postponed because of the grand ball's preparations. I can't believe it, so they mean that having fun was more important than education?! That explains why rich people has poor etiquette these days. But its in the past now, I'd rather not dwell on it anymore.

"Reanna!" Rey approached me.

"Hello."

"I heard that the special class will be today right?" He asked.

"Yes. But...to be honest, I'm a little bit nervous." I sighed.

"Of course, you will be meeting different people there after all. But it's okay, give it your best." He said before he left.

I was happy that he tried to cheer me up. But I don't think it worked though, I mean I still feel anxious. I can see the girls from my class already gossiping about me. Geez! The principal really owes me a lot of explanations, but...now is not the time to be thinking about it. I ate my snacks and made my way to the special department building afterwards. This is really bad, I don't know where my classroom is. Plus, this place is really huge!

(Thud!)

I bump someone along the way...

"You again!" I heard a familiar voice.

Ehh!? He's the rude guy who bumped me before! I didn't know that he was studying at the special department. He's cute but his demeanor is absolutely the opposite.

"Okay, I'm the one who bumped you this time. Now we're even." I told him assuredly while forcing a smile on my face, at least I'm honest enough to say that it was my mistake this time.

"I don't care." He said.

WHAT!? I was just being truthful to him! There's nothing bad about being polite,
I shouldn't have do so with that kind of behavior he's showing me! What ever happened to kindness being the solution for problems?

"Look, it was just an accident so you don't need to be so mean!"
I was irritated.

"I said that I don't care, that's it!" He said as he turned his back on me and started to leave.