Chapter 4:The Prince of Elsiera

Four days had passed already and today is the most awaited event for every citizen of the Elsiera kingdom. The Grand Ball will be held at the Everett Castle. All are very excited to come. Especially the kingdom maidens.

I woke up early to get dressed, and my mom gave me a nice hairstyle. I can't help but look at my gown, it's as if I'm a true princess. From my window, I can see a lot of girls outside wearing their best dresses. All the shops are closed today, as expected of the king's authority. The whole kingdom's attending the ball.

This gown really suits me well, mom complimented me a lot this day and I blushed over it. Mom waved her hands as she watched us leave. I can sense that she's a little bit worried about us and I can't blame her for that. After all, this is a big event and a lot of different people will come. It means that bad people may also be around, even I had an uncomfortable feeling about it.

"Reanna! Are you ready?" Rey asked me.

"Of course! Let's go!" I gave him my motivated answer.

We went to the ball by foot, it was very tiring but it's worth it. We made it in time anyway. At the front of the castle, we saw a lot of carriages. Royalties and noble people from different kingdoms were riding them. They all look so elegant and dignified, like I'm looking at the gods and goddesses in person. It wouldn't be surprising if they're VIP guests.

A lot of them were also staring at us with their heavy eyes. Because of that, I felt nervous all of a sudden. I just ignored them and kept on going. I hate how they think lowly of us, just because they have high standards in life. Even their heavy gazes at us feels mortifying.

At the entrance, we were asked to give our names and location. I see, this must be one of the customs here. But It's also a little bit risky, I feel like our privacy are being invaded somehow.

"Reanna Heilin and Rey Ashbert of the Feldunim village!" He announced right away. But it seems that nobody is even listening, they were all enjoying themselves so much and talking with each other. Who would turn to look anyway? We're not anyone famous. I must have fun too! I grabbed Rey's arm and we finally entered the grand ball.

"Whoa! So amazing! There's a lot of people wearing colorful clothes!"
I gawked in amazement.

"Of course they are, Reanna let's grab something to eat!" Rey said.

I told Rey to go and grab some for both of us, I wanted to explore for a little bit. The food can wait. I sat down and watched the people dance. They all look so cheerful, how nice... I want to dance too.

As I looked around, I noticed that the whole place was decorated with a lot of different kinds of beautiful flowers! And there was a huge fountain too! It was like the garden that I saw when I entered that portal. Speaking of that, I'm glad that the rude guy I met there was not here. Like I said before, he's probably isn't living in this world.

I also saw a lot of jesters at the ball, they are all really good in terms of entertainment. Even though I look stupid watching them like a kid, I can't help but laugh at their every jokes, it was very amusing. The king must have been very proud of his people's hardships just to make this event successful.

"Your highness! You should dance too! Don't waste this chance, this kind of event is only held every 5 years. So go and choose a partner already and If you're lucky, you might find your bride to be!"

"Okay, OKAY! Just don't bother me, the old man always decide things on his own! Tsk!"

I heard two loud voices behind me who seem to be arguing, I didn't hear them clearly though.