Chapter 13:The Truth Behind the Shadows

Magic operates a lot like gravity. It is a force which allows things to happen and the universe to be the way it is. The heavenly beings made different types of magic depending on their own beliefs of what the world was really made of. They created each of their own enchanted lands in the past to sustain their powers.

Because of the unceasing acts of evilness, these lands were eventually corrupted and destroyed and it became ancient ruins. Travelers from the other world discovered these sacred places (now called the "Lost World") and used them to learn and perform magic. These people were later called as magicians.

Most magic comes from the four elements, but there are also many magical artifacts.
The ability to use magic naturaly is passed through the royal bloodline, although magic can also be acquired through learning the art of sorcery and using magical crystals which is now called mana stones. This stones were made up of concentrated power of nature, henceforth could be used to trap magic within and release it at the desired time.

Up to these generation, magic played an important role in sustaining all life. And wizards/magicians are currently practicing the three essentials of magic namely; timing, feeling, and the phases of the moon. Such forms of training are considered as necessities in order to fulfill the desired outcomes.

_________________________

💠~REANNA'S POINT OF VIEW~💠

I stayed in the library, reading as many books as I can about the origins of magic and the ancient records. I was doing my research for finding something that could help me awaken my true powers. After all, the fairies' words are still bugging me. I can't help but feel more motivated than ever, knowing that I can finally have the power to protect and I wouldn't be as useless as before anymore.

Well...Arren gave me courage too. He made me realize all kinds of things and I am really grateful for it. I just hope that he wouldn't hate me for being hopeless sometimes.
Anyway, I better finish this before my next class starts. I started reading the next book, maybe this would be my last for today.

What is this?...

Drinking or swallowing a magical artifact containing pure dragon blood in it would give the user enormous power. The user would become a dragon, immuned to all poisons and having ridiculous strength that can battle billions of humans. But this was a one-way transformation. There would be, could be, no turning back.

He would remain a dragon until the end of his days. And creatures like this have higher chance of corruption. As they use their powers, despite having infinite life, their sanity would be taken bit by bit until they couldn't think anything else but killing and spreading darkness. This is but a fact that shouldn't be underestimated for it can bring the end of our world...

_________________________

"One day, they will return...and on that day, all of us will perish into dust." I was dominated by fear when I read the last sentence. It's just like before, when we last came here in the library. But this...it's not just an ordinary record, it's almost like a warning. A warning that our world could end on the very day of their arrival.

"Reanna are you alright? You look pale." Mia approached me.

"Y-Yes of course! Come on, let's go to class. We'll be late, sensei would be angry if we do." I grabbed her arms and the both of us made our way to the special department for our next class.

When we arrived, I saw our other classmates already seated inside. But there was something strange that caught my attention. Arren is not there, his things are no longer on his chair. What happened? He was there during our last class. The teacher entered our classroom and there was a moment of silence all of a sudden.