summer of '14

scene: football cage outside guinness council flats, saturday, mid may, afternoon, 23°

"bruv get over here they are picking teams" reiss shouted.

jadon quickly laced up his bright nike tiempos, he had got them for his birthday back in march but waited for his old astros to get really mashed up before he busted out his new boots.

jadon jogged over to the astroturf with a smug smile on his face, he couldn't wait to meg everyone in this dunya. he was picked third and he was in his good friend ian's team.

he watched as boys slowly dispersed into four directions for four different teams. behind the sea of boys a small figure emerged. she was the last one. she was the only 'she'. she kept her head down in an attempt to spare her the embarrassment of being the last picked.

coach dushane said to pick any team to go to. she quickly glanced up and sped walked to tammy' team, all the while keeping her head down. jadon watched her, he was intrigued by her body language the way she appeared small and vulnerable but also as if she had something to hide. he hadn't seen this girl before.

"OKAY, SETTLE DOWN!" coach bellowed
"ian yours and tammy's teams first"

*she's walking in the line behind all of her teamates, she's probably shy*  jadon thought in his head

"why is this waste man looking at me" amarachi uttered under her breath - referring to jadon.

reiss - who was now standing next to amarachi - heard something but didn't know it was amarachi and was rapidly looking around him as if he was trying to lock eyes on a fly.

"reiss? you good?" , coach questioned

reiss just looked confused.

amarachi put her head up and let past a small chuckle.

jadon - who had been looking at her the entire time - saw her face. her face was tan, well darker than that, a deep copper. she had two different colour eyes one green, and one hazel. but that wasn't the most interesting to thing about her.

she had a scar.

this scar ran from the top of her right eyebrow through the middle of her eye and down parallel to her nose and nipped the corner of her lip. amarachi could see in her peripheral vision the boys eyes burning into her and she was getting fed up.

"WhphhhaaaeeeuuueeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooOoooooooooOooooOoooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeoooeeaaawwwwwphhh", coach's whistle blew

game.

jadon played left wing, amarachi could play left of right wing. jadon has a weaker left foot, both of of amarachi's feet were as strong as each other.
amarachi won an aerial due with ian and gained back possession for her team. amarachi had quick feet, she sped past tom, mattias, chib, and dribbled past obena, chucks, diontae, before pushing past mack & joe - basically the whole team. she glances up and sees bright blue nike tiempos headed towards her, she going at full speed, he's going at full speed. inches before they collide, amarachi switches the ball from her right foot to her left. jadon isn't looking at the ball. she switches it back to her right, jadon isn't looking at the ball. she switches it one last time, yet still jadon has not looked at the ball and she megs him.