say your goodbyes

scene: guinness estate, 09:00, 20.08.15, 19°

"you ready to go?" asked jadon's father.

jadon had been scouted by man city, he had gone for a trial weeks before and they offered him a contract. his dreams to be a professional footballer we're finally coming true. but he was having to move away from his family, friends, home and all he'd ever known. but at the same time, he was happy to get away from the area. it wasn't the safest.

but ultimately, he hung his head in dismay. he other things on his mind. ama. they hadn't spoken in weeks but he wanted to say goodbye to her, whether she wanted to say goodbye to him was another story.

amarachi was scouted by chelsea (womens) and for the time being she would be staying in the area, until the club housed her somewhere in west london. up to this point the young girl had been commuting from south east london to west london, so jadon wouldn't see her at all most days, eating away at his chances to reconcile. but today was sunday, she didn't travel on sundays.

...

amarachi opened her front door and decided to  take a walk a bit early in the morning , in the hopes to avoid her mum from making her assist her in cooking jollof. she took a walk knowing jadon was leaving today and whether she went on that walk to "bump" into jadon or not, is something her head and heart will never conclude.

she was wearing a pair of lightweight dri-fit nike tracksuit bottoms, white af1's and a nike dri-fit academy pro drill top that she had left partially unzipped to discreetly reveal a white stretch cami vest top she was wearing underneath. she had her earphones in and 'in2' by wstrn was echoing between her eardrums and her head was down, as it always was.

jadon looked up from his huge suitcase and saw ama walking out of the estate he wanted to talk to her...

"amarachi! " he announced.

he didn't feel as though he could call her by nickname now.

the girl looked up, to see his face, that face. tears flooded her eyes and she sped up.

jadon's dad had gone inside a while ago as he'd realised he couldn't find his keys, those keys had everything on them, car, house, locker at work, storage unit - basically his whole life and jadon could hear him panicking inside the living room, leaving no stone unturned, but that wasn't the boys main concern right now.

he tried to catch up to her but she was too quick, she as always so quick. by the time he poked his head around the corner there was no one, nothing. nothing in motion but a single leaf. it was dry, dead and desolate. like their friendship.

she was gone. gone.

amarachi had sped walked away from him once she realised he called her name and  tried to catch up to her and talk to her. she didn't want to talk to him. ever. once she turned back and realised she couldn't see or hear him she continued, down a dim, overgrown path.

he was gone. gone