yacht club

ama was doing some last minute packing and jadon was there lying on her bed on his phone.

"don't you have anything to pack"

"well, im wearing my swimming shorts. i'll take my shoes off before I jump in the water and i'll carry a towel over my shoulder"

"you're a jokeman, what about cream, you gonna walk around dry when we're done?"

"i thought we were gonna come straight back to the hotel, for "later"."

ama laughed but she has doubts. he was always taking about being physical. she just felt like a body to him, he didn't really talk to her about his feelings, they couldn't just lie in bed without anything happening.

"let's gooo" reiss said as he burst into the room, ama forgot to lock it and was happy he'd only walked in on them packing.

they were in the car and ama appeared mellow. she rested her elbow on the ledge of the taxi window and stared at the passing buildings and people.

jadon recognised this and he put his hand on her thigh but he got no reaction. he started to move his hand up and down her thigh but still no reaction. lauren and reiss were sitting in front. he took her her hand - that was on her thigh - and interlocked his fingers into her hands. but still no reaction.

"what's wrong?"

ama turned to look at him and looked back out the window.

"nothing"

jadon knew that was bullshit though. when she was upset she was very good at hiding them, he'd never even really seen her cry before.

they arrived at the port and they stared at all  of the yachts. reiss came up behind her purposely bumped her on the shoulder.

"that one"

she looked at the boat and it was huge. it was the biggest one that was docked.

she froze in disbelief. if you had told her she would be in this position a mere five years ago she wouldn't have believed you. almost everyday she'll take a moment look at herself in the mirror and just look at herself. the clothes, the car, the house, the money. growing up she never thought he had options, she thought she'd either be dead or in jail.

jadon put his arm around her waist and urged her forward.

"come on"

once they got in the yacht it set sail, ama was standing at the ledge and felt the breeze go in between her braids. she stood like this for a while before she heard loud screams form behind her.

reiss and lauren had jumped into the sea. jadon looked her way and gestured his hand for her to join him. she smiled at him and took off her shorts and top as she went over to him, revealing a sly blue two piece underneath. jadon couldn't avert his eyes and she put each of her hands on either side of his head and turned his head towards reiss and lauren in the water.

reiss and ama didn't actually know what was going on between them two. lauren had been oblivious to everything going on in front of her for the past couple of days and reiss just assumed they were just growing close as friends and he was just kidding around when he hinted knowing about something deeper going between them.

jadon took ama's hand and they jumped in together.

all four continued to jump into the sea, doing different flips, jumps and screams.

when ama was done she sat down exhausted in the seating area on the vessel and ruffled through her bag to clean herself up. she dried her braids and looked in a mirror that she made sure to put in her bag. her braids were frizzy and messed up and she was going to have to take them out. she was so excited she hadn't even factored in the possibility of her hair getting messy. by this time she had the braids in for 3 1/2 weeks so she want too upset but she hadn't packed anything to do her hair. not even a brush - 'cause who brushes the their box braids - she sat puzzled on her next move.