hole in one

time has flown by so quickly, jordan is now 6 months old and it's a cold november.

ama and jordan were in his room, and the infant lying on his nappy changing station.

"aren't you the cutest baby, yes you are, yes you are!" ama said in a baby voice while squeezing her son's cheeks.

she felt a pair of strong hands hold her by her waist and jordan laughed and started to kick his legs around.

"it's your father isn't it, can you tell him to get your bottle from the kitchen counter" she said not turning around, and indirectly speaking to jadon.

"fortunately i'm always two steps ahead of you"
jadon said and gave his son a bottle of milk before ruffling his hair.

"that's one step, what's the second?" ama asked.

"we're going out"

"tonight? what about jordan?"

"we can drop him at my mum's, don't worry, i feel like you've been cooped up in the house for months and you haven't been looking and feeling yourself"

"what do you mean by that? that i look less attractive? sorry but i just pushed out your son" ama stated before turning back around to the baby.

jadon came up behind her again.

"you know i don't mean it like that, you're beautiful" he whispered.
"but you and i both know that parenting has taken a toll on us for the past couple months, a night out wouldn't hurt"

"you're right, i'm sorry for lashing out at you" ama apologised burying her head into jadon's chest.

jadon wrapped his arms around her.

"it's okay, you're stressed and tired, i understand - let's have fun, like we used to"

...

ama still didn't feel comfortable wearing tight clothes post-partum and jadon knew that so he was going to take her somewhere chill, where she didn't feel like she had to put in heels or do her hair a particular way. he just told her to dress comfortably.

while ama was getting dressed she noticed she had multiple miscalls from an unknown number - but she just ignored them.

by the time they were ready, jordan was already asleep and ama carefully put his baby seat in the backseat of the car.

they dropped him off at his grandmother's house (jadon's mum) for the time being and got back into the car to continue their journey.

"so, where are we going?" ama asked trying to find out where he was driving her.

"you know i'm not going to tell you" he laughed.
"all i'm gonna say is that you've been wanting to go for a while"

"i've been wanting to go to a lot of places, nigeria, the beach, the bernabau, costco - are you taking me to costco?"

"costco? - that's barely a date night" he laughed.

"don't be hating on costco, it's fun at night"

they eventually pulled up at a location.

"puttshack! thats another place I wanted to go - thank youu"

ama took jadon's hand and they walked in, thankfully it was fairly empty as it was quite late.

...

"i know you only brought me here because i've never payed golf before and you want to beat me" ama said, practising her swing.

"is that what you think of me?" jadon said dramatically with his hand over his heart.

"yes"

"you know me too well" he grinned.