Chapter 6 : trust

Y/N's POV

I wake up on a bed, a comfy one actually. I don't open my eyes right away because I want to remember what happened and think about where I am. But then I feel a huge headache in my head. Oh my Thor that hurts! Then I feel pain on my wrists. What the hell happened ?? And then I remember.. Ohh...

I try to move my hands but I can't. So I open my eyes and look at them and see that they are cuffs to the bed. Nice. I sit up and look around. I'm in a med room. This is way too white to be something else. Well, what do I do now. I can't even scratch myself. That's so frustrating !

Nat's POV

We were all in the common room, with Thor for once. It's been a while since we last saw him. They were laughing but all I could think about was her. It's been 2 days now. She is still asleep. I'm really worried, I know that Steve is too and Tony seems to be but it's hard to tell with him.

"Seriously ? That's cheating ! You can't jus.." Clint started to say but was cut off by J.A.R.V.I.S.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but you asked me to. Miss Romanoff, Y/N is awake." tell us J.A.R.V.I.S.

I immediately shot my head up and looked at Steve, then at Tony and then I nod and get up to go and see her.

"Thanks J.AR.V.I.S." I say

I didn't wait for his answer or for the others to talk. I ran to her room. I enter and see her sit on her bed, with her hands in fists but still in the cuffs. Surprisingly.

"Why didn't you break yourself free from the cuffs ?" I asked her

Without looking at me she responds "Do you want another pair of broken cuffs, Agent Romanoff ?" I nod in understanding.

"Right, do you want me to get them off of you ?"

"That is your choice agent." She pauses and turns to look at me, without emotion on her face except for exhaustion. "Do you trust me?"

I didn't respond immediately. I just keep looking at her. She then sighs while looking down. She clenched her jaw and turned her head away.

She seems so broken. It broke my heart. I want to help her, I don't know why, or maybe I do but don't WANT to know why.

I make my way to her and I undo the handcuffs. She looks at me with surprise and sadness in her eyes. She then rubs her wrists which were red because of the cuffs.

"Thank you" she mumbled

She just talked english, again. But she doesn't seem to notice that. That's weird

"Why did you do that?" I finally ask with a soft voice while I'm looking straight into her eyes.

She clenches her jaw, closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Then she opens her eyes, looks at me and says : "I just wanted to feel something..." Shit that's what I thought. She looks down and continues "... that I understand"

That she understands ? What is that supposed to mean ? I'm really confused but I try to keep a soft face, to be friendly as much as possible. But I can't help and frown a little bit. She notices and starts talking again.

"I know it's weird to say that, I know you are confused and maybe it doesn't explain why but ... " I wasn't looking at her but I was listening so when she stopped talking I looked immediately at her to see that she had her eyes closed, her eyebrows furrowed and her jaw clenched. She then shot her eyes open and I saw them becoming watery. She looks straight forward and continues talking. "I can't take it anymore. I don't understand anything. You guys are talking in a language that I know nothing of but sometimes I do speak that language and sometimes I understand words and I don't know why. I don't know what you want with me or what I did to be held captive here. I don't even know who I am ! I'm tired of this ! I can't eat or I'll throw up, I can't sleep or I'll have nightmares where I am being tortured again and again without knowing why or where or when or by whom. Plus I'm claustrophobic so the cell doesn't help at all. I'm always alone, I haven't seen the day light for days or weeks or months. I don't even know how long I've been here. I'm honestly exhausted. All I wanted was to feel something that I know. Hence the pain." When she was done she had tears in her eyes but they didn't flow. And after hearing all of that my heart broke. It hurts like hell. All I wanted was to hold her against me and tell her that it was okay. Surprising as it may seem, I did. She broke down in tears in my arms and buried her head in my neck, her arms around me. I felt a strange sensation in my stomach. Butterflies? No way.

After a while, when I felt that she was calm I pulled away and saw that she was asleep. So I laid her down on the bed, I don't why but I kissed her forehead. And left. But I stopped at the door, turned around, looked at her, smiled a little bit and said "Sleep well princess" I turned off the light, closed the door and leaned my back against it. Took a deep breath with my eyes closed. When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I flinched a little but calmed right away when I saw that it was Steve.

"Are you alright ?" he asked me

"Me yes. But her..." I respond while looking down. I heard him sighed and he was about to say something and maybe hug me but I'm tired, so I was about to break down, I had to leave so I pulled back my poker face and told him "Let's just go, She is asleep. You'll talk to her tomorrow." He nodded and then I left

Y/N's POV (before Nat left)

I just told her everything that I felt. I don't why but I wanted to tell her. I had tears in my eyes. So weak. I needed to let them fall but I couldn't let myself do it. And then she hugged me. And told me that it was okay, that I was okay. She kept saying that and I finally broke down in her arms. Pathetic. I felt so nice in her arms. I was so comfy. I wanted her to never let me go. Plus she smells good. I felt soothed in her arms. So I fell asleep.

A/N

Hey !

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know if you have any comments or recommendations!

Do you want longer chapter ?

Feel free to comment and vote.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones!

Love you