Chapter 36 : the end of the line

Time skip : 2 weeks

Y/n's POV

I can't take it anymore, I feel like I'm losing myself. Every day it's the same thing, in the morning, a 4-hour session with Zemo. It's only pain but luckily or unluckily I feel it less and less. The first days were horrible, I had no voice anymore because of my screaming and I was beaten when I woke up because I couldn't even hold it for 30 minutes. Now it's a different story, I can hold on for 2h30 before passing out, but I don't stay in the faint for long so we quickly get back to work.

After that, the meal arrives, I have 30 minutes to eat something suspicious. I doubt they'll pass the health inspection in the kitchen, but I have no choice but to eat or I'll get beaten again. Yes, I tried to refuse to participate in their activities but I soon realized it was useless. They quickly resorted to using their fists, feet, my collar or even buckets of water to drown me. So I ended up obeying and doing what they asked me.

The afternoon is pretty okay actually. I'm training with Bucky and it's seriously fun. It reminds me of when I used to train with Steve at the compound. He's kind of shy and reserved but I guess that's because of all the stuff he went through in Hydra. I like training with him and I feel like I'm getting better. The first few days were hard because of my injuries so he was nice to me but now I'm better. By some miracle I didn't lose the sight in my right eye. But now I have a big scar that starts from my jaw and goes up in a line to the top of my forehead in the middle. He really didn't miss me. Then I also have the big scar on my right arm, which starts in the middle of my forearm and ends at the beginning of my hand. I took a lot of damage in the first fight but that's because I was afraid of him. I must admit that now that we are "friends" I am not afraid of him anymore. Maybe it's because he doesn't seem to be under their control anymore. I think I'm the only one who knows this, otherwise they would have done something by now.

I am currently heading to my cell after fighting with Bucky. I am exhausted, both mentally and physically. But I also have a bad feeling, there is something wrong with me from the beginning. It's probably fatigue, exhaustion. When I arrive in front of my cell, I go to enter when I am stopped.

"Not so fast Y/n, come with me. Zemo is waiting for you in room 313," Rumlow tells me.

"What do you mean? It's evening, I don't see him until tomorrow morning normally." then I reply, following him despite myself.

"Don't worry, your morning sessions don't change. From now on, you will follow the Gamma program after each training session with the winter soldier." Rumlow informed me.

"What does this program consist of?" I then asked after a few minutes.

"It's confidential," he replied.

" Confidential? Seriously? How can it be confidential when I'm the main person involved?"

"I don't have any answers for you."

He opened a door and looked at me.

"Come in and you'll see."

I then entered the room and saw Zemo talking with Ivan. Bucky is there too. Rumlow announced our arrival and everyone turned to me. Ivan had a big smile on his face that sent shivers down my spine. Zemo looked at me with pity and guilt in his eyes and then lowered his gaze while Bucky did not look at me at all.

"Perfect, I'm glad to see you looking good Death Giver. Everything is going according to plan despite a few disturbances here and there, so we decided to speed things up so we don't waste any time." explained Ivan to me. Why would we want to speed things up if everything is going well? There's something he doesn't say. What disturbances is he talking about?