Chapter 31 : He should get an Oscar

No one's POV

It is very dark in the room where 4 men are. They are surrounded by technology, desks and computer and television screens. They are all looking at the same thing, a TV screen showing a woman lying in a room even smaller and darker than the one they are in.

Two of the men are in the back and are dressed the same, in black with a logo on their shoulder and they are carrying several weapons including a large one that they are holding in their hand, ready to use. The other two men are in front, closer to the screen. One of them is better dressed than the soldiers even if it is in the same style, still with the logo on the shoulder but also on the beret. The last man is not at all dressed the same, he wears a simple outfit, like that of a secret agent, this one is not black but navy blue and the logo is also different. Instead of an octopus, we see a bird.

"It is Ivan who will be delighted. You did a good job soldier." it is the man with the beret who broke the silence by speaking to the man who was next to him.

"I'll go tell him, in the meantime, your role doesn't end here. I hope you are aware of that?" he then asked turning to him.

"Yes sir, I'm ready." replied the soldier in blue.

"Good, go ahead." The man in blue turned and began to walk towards the door. "Wait." Interjected the one who appeared to be the leader. The soldier turned around and looked at his leader. The latter approached with a vicious smile. "Might as well make things a little more believable, don't you think?" he asked before punching him in the face.

The soldier took the blow, he held his nose and groaned in pain. Then he straightened up and after a nod from his chief, he resumed his route and left. The chief turned to the screen and saw the soldier he had just hit, enter the room where the unconscious woman was. The soldier positioned himself against the wall and let himself fall against it. He bent one leg, placed his arm on it and let his head rest on his arm. Satisfied, the man in the beret left the room to go and tell his boss, while the other two men were in charge of watching the screen in case something happened.

Y/n's POV

"Urgh..." I groan in pain. My whole body hurts, I'm lying on something really hard and my head really hurts. I then try to straighten up slowly and find myself on all fours, head down, impossible to carry it myself. Then I manage to open my eyes slowly and I let them adjust to the darkness of the room. I turn my head slowly to the right to analyze the room, I see only the wall, then the same thing to the left, just with a door in addition. I then slowly sit up on my knees and look in front of me. What I see makes my eyes open wide.

"Alexis!" I yell in a hoarse voice as I rush over to Alexis who is sitting against the wall, his head resting on the arm that rests on his bent leg. I then kneel down in front of him and lift his head up. I can then see blood drying and an eye with a black rim. "Alexis?! Hey wake up."

He slowly wakes up from his sleep, sits up and blinks. Then he looks at me, confused.

"Y/n? But.... What the... Where are we?" he asked in a tired voice.

"I have no idea, Alexis. Are you in pain somewhere?" I asked him, worried.

" Uh no, well, my nose and face, but otherwise everything's fine. " he answered me softly, then suddenly, as if he was realizing something, he opened his eyes wide, straightened up and took me by the shoulders. "And you? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asked me worriedly, his voice becoming normal again.