Chapter 24 : Jealousy

Y/n's POV

So here I am in the jet, sitting quietly on the side reading the file the director has given me. It's an information gathering exercise, Natasha will have to go undercover and collect data, nothing easier for her. Meanwhile Clint is supposed to create a diversion by creating mini explosions with his arrows. The other agent has to defend the jet and be ready to start it at any moment.

Natasha is going to have to sneak in through the roof, so we're going to slowly fly over the building and she'll jump out of the jet in flight and land on the roof. Clint will take the opportunity to fire a few arrows away from where Nat will be. The agent will fly the jet. Clint will then jump back to position himself at a distance from the building to attract as many people as possible outside. He will continue to attack the building with explosive arrows.

I have no idea what to do, I know I have to observe but who? If I go with Nat I'll have to go undercover and probably have to fight inside so I guess I don't go with her. It's a shame, it could have been a good observation mission.

If I go with Clint, I can watch him shoot his arrows and watch him fight but I already know how to fight and shoot a bow so I don't see the point.

If I stay with the other agent I'm not going to do anything. I'm not going to watch him wait anyway? It's going to be long and boring.

"Hey," I heard next to me, which startled me gently. I then looked at the person to my right and saw the agent. He laughed softly.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," he said gently with a smile.

"Don't worry, I was just surprised." I replied with a slight smile as well.

"My name is Alexis Peyton," he said, holding out his hand, probably for me to take. I did so.

"Y/n Ivanov."

He smiled at me again. He looks to be about 25 years old, has black hair and blue eyes and a tan skin tone. I guess you could say he's handsome, and would be attractive to anyone.

"Nice to meet you, Agent Ivanov."

"Y/n" I corrected him.

"Then call me Alexis," he said before turning slightly and resting his head against the wall behind. I copied his position.

"If I understand correctly, this is your first time on a mission, isn't it?" he asked me.

"Yes indeed."

"Are you stressed?"

"No, why? Should I be?"

"Oh no, not at all! Everyone reacts as they can. I know this is just an observation mission for you but I thought it might scare you a bit. Missions and training are always very different," Alexis explained.

"Were you scared on your first mission?" I asked, curious. After a few seconds of silence I said: "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I really didn't mean to put you in an awkward situation, I'm sorry." I quickly apologized, turning my head and straightening up to face him better. He did the same and looked at me with a smile.

"No, don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just thinking about it and got lost in my memories of that mission which are few and far between haha."

"What do you mean?" I asked then, curious.

"I passed out before the jet even landed," he laughed. We then laughed together.

"You fainted? haha really?"

"Hey don't laugh! I did what I could hahaha" he said, still laughing.

"I'm sure, it must have been hard enough to fly to your destination, that's the trickiest part of a mission." I laughed at him.