admit

Well, I'm proud to say the headquarters only took us a week and a half to pretty much finish.

     I can't take much credit. It was mostly Daruk who worked on the technical parts, Daruk who dug through the mountain like a mole through dirt. He moved so fast from one tunnel to the other, it was exhausting just to try and keep up. 

     Revali and I were only tasked with the simplest work. And me with my claustrophobia wasn't much help inside the tunnels. 

     However, when we stood outside of the nondescript mouth of the tunnel, looking into what we have accomplished, I couldn't help but be proud. 

     At my request, Daruk had widened the tunnels as far as it was safe to do. However, the opening was relatively small, for ease of defense and concealment. There were a few other emergency escape tunnels opening up into the mountain like we had planned. 

     Inside, I barely felt the open walls, which was great. Daruk had taken into consideration my "mild discomfort" with closed spaces. It felt just like another house, albeit empty of furniture and filled with only darkness, with a room at the center that would serve as a meeting room, and a separate bedroom/office for each of us leading from it, plus a few extra, just in case. 

     There was a wide space for weapon storage and training, and a few separate storehouses for supplies and food. There was a medical ward tucked in at the side. There was even space for a kitchen, but I doubted we'd ever use it. 

     "This is amazing." I remarked. "Almost ready. All we have to do now is fill it up."

     "The girls should be almost at the rendez-vous." Revali said. "We should meet up with them soon."

     "Sure." Daruk shrugged. "Things are nearly done here. Let's go now."

     We headed east towards the Forest of Time around the foot of the Great Plateau, which is where we promised to meet. We waited there for about half a day, just when afternoon was taking over. 

     Revali, Daruk, and I were chatting, or more accurately, Daruk was watching Revali and I diss each other with some level of concern, when a crash from the edges of the forest made us jump up and automatically fall into fighting stance. 

     A stream of faint yelling floated towards us, accompanied by rustling and muffled voices. We all relaxed, our hands falling to our sides.

     "Oh, it's just Zelda." 

     "They're here!" 

     "WHERE ARE YOU!?" Zelda yelled. 

     "Here!" Revali yelled back. "You're too loud!"

     "You're louder." I muttered.

     A very bedraggled group of Zelda, Sadie, and Mipha burst into the tiny clearing where we were. Sand covered them from head to toe, their clothes were ripped and dirty, and all of them had a rather wild look in their eyes.

     "We got Urbosa." Mipha waved her hand weakly in the general direction behind them before falling to the grass.

     "Um... okay..." 

     "Those kids." Urbosa stepped into the clearing, with no hint of the dishevaled exhaustion of the other three who had collapsed. She was shaking her head. "You can't decide if they're brave or just stupid."

     "I'm over a hundred--" Mipha offered, completely out of breath, then her head fell back to the ground.

     "I mean, walking all the way to the Desert just to talk to me." Urbosa helped Zelda up, then the other two. Warmth sparked in her electric green eyes. "When the world is in this state. I have to admire them. We sprinted here, by the way. Some crazy rider was chasing us. Should be fine, though."