The Proposal

I know many people want me to continue with this story because you all like my work and I'm really happy to know that.
I'm considering to write a sequel to the story but in the time being this shall be the temporary ending :( cos major exams are coming in 3months and I'm not that prepared for it. I've a lot of ideas to improve on this story and make it link. I'll edit properly after my exams and continue writing I promise if you were to continue following. :)
Thank you for helping me hit a milestone of 10k reads and 200> favourites. I never thought I'll make it this far. Thank you for every little form of support for Ruivintale. Keep supporting Rui En and Elvin always.

Cheers!
:-)

Chapter 20:
Rui En's POV:

I love the as the hot water burns at my skin, turning them red. My tensed muscles instantly relaxed and I let the steam surround me. The scent of soap filled my nose as I scrubbed my skin , removing the sweat and dust that could have gotten there during filming. The mirrors are misty and I could barely see my own reflection. Toweling off, I pull the comb through my straightened long hair. *Knock Knock* "Babe are you done? I urgently need to use the toilet!" I heard Elvin from the outside. I chuckled I must have took too long in the shower. Quickly pulling on an oversized shirt (I assumed it's Elvin's) and a pair of shorts. "Done!" I said pulling the toilet door opened and he rushed in.

We were spending the night at our house. You heard me OUR house, the little condominium with a seaside view. You can hear the crashing of the waves and smell sea salt. Sometimes in the evening you can take a walk down the beach and fill the warm sand between your toes and watch the sunset. The scene is breathtaking and it leaves me in great awe everytime.

It brings me back to that day when Elvin and I were walking down the beach. He took me here, a little getaway from the busy city. I suspected nothing. It was just a typical hanging out or you may call it 'dates' that we go on. As we stroll barefoot along the beach, feeling the warm sand between out toes, he held my hands with our fingers interlocking with each other. When I was busy watching and gawking at the beautiful sunset, I suddenly see a bunch of white balloons flying across the beautiful scenery, making it more breathtaking it already was.

I spotted a banner tagged along some balloons that say "Marry Me". I saw Elvin run behind some huge rocks and pulled out the hugest bouquet of roses of colours of the rainbow. The next moment I knew, he went down on one knee. Opening a small red box, there lay the most pretty sapphire ring. He held my hand and I heard him say "It hasn't been very long since we got together if you actually count. But we've actually known each other for a really long time. Today is the 1111th day since I met you from our first collaboration. We've been through I hope with everything that we have been through together, you trust and would want to spend everyday of your life next with me. Because I need you more than you think you need me.

Everything comes rushing back. The filming times overseas, our various collaborations, shoots together, flowers he's given me, little notes that came with bentos, herbal tea, us fighting... The list could go on forever. I was happy, happier than I was because I finally found myself. And may be it's time for someone else to walk in and further complete my life. Elvin made me feel completed and loved everyday with him. I wasn't uncertain anymore. I was sure that I could rely on him.

"Its okay if you say NO... " He said with a hint of disappointment when I didn't answer for a really long time. A small tear of joy slipped down my cheek. "No you silly, of course I do." He beamed so widely and slipped the ring onto my finger and it was a perfect fit.

There was a burst of colours and I saw confetti flying around us. "瑞恩終於是我的女人啦!" Elvin shouted in happiness and swept me bridal style into his arms with the big bouquet of flowers in hand and that huge rock that now lay on my fingers. Then I saw a small group of close friends and relatives popping crackers and a huge feast being laid out near the barbeque pit. How could I not have noticed that? Really touched by his gesture to include everyone closest to our hearts to share our joy.

Before we knew it, we were making preparations for the wedding. Cake tasting, gown fittings, invitations to be sent, furniture for the new house. Of course it was kept a secret but thereafter we announced to everyone of course so that there need not be hiding and rumours. Fans were really happy for us and we received lots of congratulatory messages, flowers and we felt so pampered. It was tiring doing everything but to be with the man I loved for the rest of my life, I was glad I'm away from work at the moment.

Elvins POV:
I felt her head rest against my chest. She snuggled to make herself more comfortable. My heart still beats as fast as the first time I saw her. I am crazily in love with my girl. I love watching her sleep, the only times we wouldn't try to bicker and tease each other and she would lie there, peacefully and smiling in her sleep.

They say happiness is simple and I realised she filled up my whole heart and there was no more space for anything else. I was the happiest man alive and nothing could change this for a lifetime.

--------
A temporary THE END. I will be back! Happy National Day! SINGAPORE IS 50!