studio days

Since mediacorp is moving soon, I'll do a special one for them. If not for mediacorp no Ruivin yea? :)

Chapter 19:

Elvin's POV
We met at the studio the next day as promised.
I was still exhausted and my arms were still tired from washing the mountain of dishes yesterday. I had nothing to complain. Whatever that makes my girl happy and who could bear to see her smooth hands getting wrinkled from all the washing? I couldn't. I don't mind doing it for her. It makes me happy.

Driving my car up caldecott hill, I took in the scenery. A lot has changed since 10+ years ago when I first entered this media industry. Today everything is well furnished and mediacorp has channels that are most viewed islandwide. Without mediacorp, there would not have been RuiVin. No collaboration would mean me losing the chance of meeting my girl, whom I now cannot do without.

Mediacorp holds many of the fond memories in my acting career, as well as the many unforgettable experiences. The many RuiVin drama collaborations from the first Love at Zero Degree to my favourite Unriddle 2. And how could I forget filming The DreamCatchers in Japan and Code of Honour in Malaysia that me and Rui En spent so much time together during our production. Also, the first time I held her hand and walked down the red carpet with Rui En during tv50 celebration. I was so nervous and my palms were sweaty. Luckily she didn't mind then. I on the other hand was quite embarrased by my active sweat glands. Although some of the above events did not actually happen at caldecott hill, this place made everything fall into place. It's as if they were the many missing pieces to a jigsaw puzzle.

Taking my usual parking spot in the car park, I let out a sigh that I'd have to drive to the newly built mediacorp for work pretty soon. Nostalgia washed over me and I kind of wished we didn't have to move from where we were. The familiar sight of my girl's car pulled up beside me. I hopped out of the car and helped her open her car boot to retrieve her things. You can never forget those slippers. Everyone in wadrobe, makeup and even camera man knows of her habit of wearing slippers on set. Oh my I'm going to miss doing my hair in makeup, eating and chatting with buddies before starawards and other productions as well as shooting in the studios.

"Good morning! I missed you from last night" I wrapped my arms around her as she attempted to get her stuffs. She squirmed in my arms "Let go of me, what do you think you are doing we are at mediacorp!" She laughed and smacked my arms. "Kiss me and I'll let go," I requested. She turned to peck me lightly on my lips. "Okay! This shall suffice for now." She smiled cheekily. Grabbing her bags and scripts, she locked her car and was gone in a flash, turning back to throw me a flying kiss. I melted at that split seconds. She was not usually someone who would do these romantic actions and stuffs. But when she do, I felt that I just fell in love all over again and each time, I also find myself helplessly in love. What are you going to do without her? There was only one way.

She was doing a cover shoot today and I had a radio interview. We agreed to meet during lunch to talk and take a walk together around mediacorp and relive the memories.

We had our favourites from the mediacorp canteen, the Yong Tau Fu. I guess we won't have it anymore at the new mediacorp.

The walk around mediacorp was silent yet comforting. As we past wardrobe and makeup,I remember this reporter asking me on one of the shoots why didn't me and Rui En talk while doing hair and makeup. I laughed at that thought. "What's so funny?" my girl turned to me and ask. "Thinking about you." I replied and pinched her nose. "I am very sure it's not..." She raised her hand and teasingly slapped my chest. I cringed and pretended it hurts real bad. I creased my brows and clutched my chest. Seeing me in pain, concern immediately washed over her face. "Just joking! I'm okay!' "You are such a cheeky guy, I am going to ignore you. Hmph..." She walked away in a huff.

"Don't be angry. You know I didn't mean it... " I tugged her arm and 撒嬌. "If there was going to be a next time, I'm ignoring you for real." I raised my hands up and surrendered. She laughed and I knew she was not genuinely angry with me. I wonder if we'll ever feel as comfortable in the new office than we are now.

Seeing that it's getting late, I didn't know time passed us by so quickly with us just taking a walk. I asked her if we should head back home. "You owe me dinner and I'm not taking chicken rice as a no for an answer!" "Race you to the car park!" She replied taking off and running to the car park. "I'm coming for you."

I reached her and grabbed her around her waist. "I caught you. I want you to stop running from me." I said between each breath I take and pulled her into a deep sweet intoxicating kiss.

----
I know you guys have been waiting for this!
I'd be completing the book in a few more chapters I guess?
Hope you all enjoy!
Never been into mediacorp so all these is based on what I heard from people.
Comment and Vote!
Will upload another chapter in the holidays I hope!
Have been busy! Sorry to keep u guys waiting so long!!!