Confessions

Chapter 6:

Rui En's POV

We arrived at a fine looking restaurant. It started to get a little chilly. I rubbed my arms as we walked towards the restaurant from where the driver stopped. I silently chided myself for not bringing my cardigan along. "Wait for me at the front of the restaurant okay? I forgot something." This blur Elvin... I thought as I made my way towards the restaurant first. He arrived minutes later, carrying a jacket. "Put this on. You are shivering in that." He said pointing at my dress. Not only my body felt warm, my heart melted at his kind affection but at the same time, a thought kept bugging me.

"Reservation by Mr Ng? This way please." The waiter at the door showed us too our seats.

We were shown to a secluded corner of the restaurant where the waiter presented us with the menu. "What is good here?" I asked him, flipping the menu casually. I couldn't really eat much as my next production required me to stay fit and slim.

"A steak, 70% done, one small portion of smoked salmon, 2 salads without dressing and a bowl of whipped potato. Oh and don't forget 2 glasses of red wine." I heard him reading off the menu to the waiter. I eyed Elvin and said "How did you know what I wanted to order?" He just cheekily replied "I can read your mind" wearing that goofy grin yet again. As thoughts got better of me, I stepped on his feet under the table "Ouch!! It hurts you know!" He yelped, earning a few eyes from the diners nearby. I bit back a laugh.

The food was surprising good though I did not touch the inviting whipped potato as I had to keep my figure. The wine went well with the smoked salmon and I was really satisfied. "Full? I bet the food is good, seeing you polish everything off your plate." He tried to tease me again. But this time I didn't retort him. Instead, I politely replied him "Thank you". "A toast to great company and smooth filming." I said holding my wine glass out to him. Our glasses clinked and I downed the whole glass.

After Elvin had a portion of dessert, we were prepared to go foot the bill. Just as I was about to leave my seat, he said "Wait." Stooping down to my level beside me, he took out a black box from his pockets. Opening it, there lay a necklace with a small cat charm on it.

The rest went in a blur. I partly blame the wine for it. I could only remember him saying "I cannot promise you forever, but I want to make you mine" "Rui En, be my girlfriend."

At that moment, a million thoughts seem to rush through my head. My job, family, media... And the list goes on... "Elvin, I... " "Since the day at the coffee place, my heart has fully been occupied by you. You were constantly on my mind, my only thoughts. I feel safe and loved but I..." I finally looked up at him in the eyes and told him "I can't do this..." my voice barely a whisper.

I saw his shinning eyes immediately turned to a dull shade. And my heart wretched at the sight. "Please Elvin, I don't want us to go any further and eventually lose our friendship."

"We can overcome anything, we are meant to be... But why...? You said u fell in love with me... Why not?" He held onto my shoulders and said. "What is troubling you? Let me know, I want to help, I want to walk into your life. Let me. You know i can."

At the moment, I wanted to give in and fall into his arms and tell him he can make me all his. I want to rub those furrowed brows and in short, stop him from hurting. "I am sorry" tears started welling up in my eyes. "I am so sorry" "Please, let me go." It resembled the scene in the show. But there was something I couldn't tell him. I just couldn't just yet... I got up from the seat. Peeling off his jacket, I thrust it back at him. "Please, don't make it harder than it already is. Let it end here. We cannot carry on. Falling for you, is... "

I turned and walked away, letting those tears flow freely and the cold air outside the restaurant whip me, tasting the salty tears and feeling my heart tear apart...

----------------------

Sorry for the long wait!!

It made my heart ache when I wrote this. Thanks for the 230++ reads!

Keep it coming!