1.

Angelica's POV

"Josephine..we brought a house keeper for us, other than the ones we have right now" I kept looking down to the ground since it was one of the rules than I don't meet the eyes of my bosses, that's what one of the guards told me.

"What's your name?" I heard a very soft feminine yet demanding voice speak up. It was more of a demand than a question "Angelica" I said playing with my fingers nervously.

I heard the sound of the high heels click to the ground and get closer to me "raise your voice, i can't hear you" the person said again. I cleared my throat "it's Angelica" I spoke a little louder knowing I can be a little too quiet sometimes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was speaking quietly-" I heard someone hit their hands to the table making me flinch slightly at the sudden action "don't speak when you're not spoken to" my boss, Diego said. I nodded my head not saying anything.

"I literally just asked her to raise her voice. I talked to her" I took a quick glance at the woman who is very beautiful. She's tall, has dark lipstick on, her body is curved beautifully, her hair was straight, her face had no expressions and she showed I emotions "you asked her for the name, not for her to say whatever that was. Learn to answer the question with its answer and nothing more, we're not your friends so don't talk to us like we are"

"Stop thinking you're the king of the world father. It won't hurt if she said one more sentence" he walked closer to his daughter and I looked up slightly "it wasted time, time is gold especially to us and you know it" he said and walked back to his chair.

She took a deep breathe seeming like she's trying to hold herself back from yelling at him. Her fists relaxed as she looked me in my eyes, seeing me look up at her so I immediately looked down not wanting to get in more trouble.

"What are you doing here Angelica?" She asked me "she's here to work, she's poor and she needs money end of story. Don't to someone that's not like us" he said for me so I knew I shouldn't be talking to them at all "she has a fucking mouth and tongue, she can talk" she said "don't talk to me like that ever again" he said angrily.

"Or what? You're gonna threaten to kill me? You already did that" she said. She walked towards me "let me show you the room you're staying in" she said and I nodded, following behind her. She asked one of the guards where it was and went towards it.

She opened the door and let me in, getting in behind me. I looked around the room. It was a good room, there is a bed for one person, a closet and a small bathroom.

"Thank you" I said to her. I felt her finger under my chin making me look up at her. She is already tall and her wearing heels made her even taller "when you're alone with me you can look me in the eyes, okay darling?" She said, her face still not showing any emotions but her voice slightly softened.

I nodded my head "yes ma'am" I said quietly "and raise your voice when you talk, you're like whispering" she said and I nodded, looking down a little embarrassed "I'm sorry-" she shook her head and made me look at her again "don't look away and don't apologize, it's okay. I don't want to get in your business even though I asked you why you're here but I understand that sometimes the environment you grow up in isn't the best but with time you'll learn to raise your voice when you talk"

I smiled slightly at how gentle she is even though she doesn't look like a gentle person. She looked very powerful and looked like she can kill you if she wants to. I like when women look powerful and show power, it's hot.

"Also call me Josephine" she said and I nodded my head "okay ma'am- I mean Josephine" she rubbed my cheek a little then pulled her hand away from my face, walking towards the door "just listen to what my dad says, I know he's annoying and shit but it's for your best to listen to him just so nothing bad happens to you" she said opening the door and looking back at me "got it?" She asked "yes"

"Okay good. I'll tell the guards to get you your suitcase so you can get settled in the room" I smiled as she left the room. I sat on the edge of the bed and put my hands in between my thighs, waiting patiently for the guard to bring me my suitcase.

I heard the door open "here is it" he said smiling. I nodded and went towards him, taking it from him "also I saw that interaction that happened between you and mister Martin. He's always like this so just try to listen to what he says because he can do bad things if you don't" he warned me "like what?" I asked him "like kill you" he said then left the room, closing the door behind him.

Okay now I'm scared. So of course if this wasn't true Josephine wouldn't have warned me and the other guy too, I got to stay careful. As much as life can kick my ass, I still want to live my life.

I don't even know if you call this a life. I'm literally going to be wrapped around someone's finger for a long ass time. From what I heard he's a part of the "mafia" I mean they told me when I arrived here so they inform me about this weird life they have and that they use violence for everything.

I don't even know if I'm going to be able to leave at all. It's like I'm a slave to them now.