24.

Angelica's POV

"Where is she?" Kelly asked after I opened the door for her "she's downstairs, in the training room"

She went downstairs and I went behind her after closing the door.

So the problem was..Josephine was working out endlessly. Mostly doing leg work but I think she needs a break. She needs to fully heal. It's literally been only one week since what happened and she thinks working out will make the wounds heal faster.

I was worried so I called the only person that can deal with her....Kelly.

"Jo stop" Josephine was on a treadmill. She was running fast like very. I don't think it's possible to shoot yourself in the leg, get treated at home then start running normally in just ONE week.

Kelly tried to turn the treadmill off but Josephine pushed her hand away. Kelly went towards the cable and pulled it out making it stop.

Josephine looked at Kelly who came towards us "why the fuck did you do that?!" Josephine yelled at Kelly, getting off the treadmill and getting closer to Kelly, standing over her since she was a lot taller.

But Kelly didn't seem to be phased at all.

"Your bitch ass will sit down and fucking rest. Stop being a dumbass and do this shit. You're not healing faster, you're just hurting yourself even more"

Josephine laughed and shook her head, walking towards a table and taking the water bottle "you don't understand" she said drinking the water after.

"Help me fucking understand then. Why do you have to work out when you literally had a bullet in your leg a few days ago?! Working out too much has always been a problem, imagine working out too much while actually being physically hurt?!"

Josephine clenched her jaw and shook her head again, going towards the weights "you're not even limping, how is that even possible?!" Kelly yelled "you should be fucking happy that I'm not" Josephine said.

Kelly looked at me "well Angelica wants you to stop working out" Kelly said. It's true, I want her to stop working out. She's already in a perfect shape but now she's hurt and needs time to heal, I don't want her to hurt herself even more.

"I don't care"

As she was lifting some weights in both of her hands. Kelly kept talking to her but Josephine completely ignored her.

Suddenly the weights fell from her hands and she fell back. I went towards her and caught her, sitting down on the floor with her back against my front and I kind of fell back because of the pressure her body put on mine especially when I'm not really that strong.

"Baby.." I moved the few strands of her from her face and kept rubbing her cheeks as I tried to hold my tears back. I was just so worried about her.

Kelly sat down on her knees next to her quickly "she's losing a lot of blood.." she removed the wrapper that covered almost all of Josephine stomach to see that the cuts they made on her stomach were bleeding again.

Even though Kelly stitched them and everything was fine but the working out thing made it open again.

She's bleeding a lot and it's starting to scare me "come here" Kelly said to me. I gently made Josephine rest back on the floor and sat down next to Kelly who took off her shirt and put it over the cuts "put pressure on it, I need to go bring the medical kit to help her"

I nodded and put pressure over the cuts. I took a deep breathe trying not to have a panic attack at what I'm seeing.

The blood soaked through the shirt and I took my own shirt off, placing it over the bloody shirt and putting pressure again.

Kelly came back running as fast as she could. She got down in front of me and opened the medical kit.

"Remove the shirt"

———

"So from what just happened, I hope you realize that working out when you're in this state is dangerous. What if it happens when I'm not around or anyone around? You'll bleed to death"

"Okay I won't work out" Josephine said. I was sitting next to her on the couch as I played softly with her hair "Jo.." Kelly spoke up softly now.

"..you're smart enough to know that working out when you're in this physical state is not good so why did you really do it?" She asked her.

I looked at Josephine waiting for an answer from her. Josephine sighed and rested her head back on the couch "I wanted to get better quickly because.." she took a deep breathe and looked at me.

"..I need to be able to protect Angel. If she has me barely walking and someone else tries to hurt her..what am I supposed to do?" She lifted her head off the couch and looked at Kelly "who's supposed to protect her and take care of her when I'm not strong enough to do that?"

I frowned and held her chin, making her look at me "baby..just knowing that you're around me makes me feel safe. You killed people for me, you saved me and put your own life at risk for me and you deserve to rest after what you did. I love you Jo..I'm so in love with you and I just want you to get better, I don't want to see you forcing yourself to get better just because you feel like you have to take care of me.."

She smiled as a tear fall down her cheek "..let me take care of you this time"