#ㅤㅤ⁰⁴. what hides behind brown eyes (part one)

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖽
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌.

▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋.

ㅤㅤShe hated to have a small house with small beds and small rooms and she hated to be small enough to fit in that small house of hers.

ㅤㅤEven so, she didn't want to move to a bigger house. The thought of having more space to walk around and get lost in scared her ━she didn't admit that out loud, of course not━.

ㅤㅤAfter her father had gained a promotion at his job, her family had decided they needed a new house. That house had big beds, big rooms and an even bigger staircase, and it all made her feel even smaller, because her belongings fit in a single box at the corner of her big room and it looked so, so pitiful.

ㅤㅤAura felt that it was easier to feel lonely in a house so big that it sounded silent all of the time, and she didn't like that.

ㅤㅤWhat she did like about her new house was that in her big room there was a single, big window just above her desk that she could easily slip out from. When she found that out, Aura was out of that house quicker than ever.

ㅤㅤ"Aura?" she heard a voice she knew as soon as she put her legs out the window. Aura looked down at Jack as he fixed his brown hat to look up at her in confusion. "I didn't know you lived here."

ㅤㅤ"We just moved in." she explained, speaking louder than she was used to so Jack would be able to hear her from so far. Aura looked down at where she was aiming to jump on, but it seemed too high up and she felt her face going hot in nervousness.

ㅤㅤ"Do you need help?" Jack jogged over.

ㅤㅤAura hated to ask for help, it made her feel small, so instead of admitting it out loud she simply nodded.

ㅤㅤ"Um..." he got to the fence around her house, then put his hands over it with hesitance. "Sorry, can't you come through the front door instead?"

ㅤㅤ"No. Mother doesn't want me outside right now, she can't know I'm leaving."

ㅤㅤ"But... your fence━"

ㅤㅤ"Jump it."

ㅤㅤ"J━ You want me to jump the fence?"

ㅤㅤ"Yes! It's not invasion of private property if it's the owner who's asking. I'll be the owner someday, since my dad says he wants my brothers to buy their own houses or something, so," she gestured to the fence and moved her hand up and down in a jumping motion. "Jump it!"

ㅤㅤAnd he did.

ㅤㅤ"Wait, so this house is technically yours?" he asked, raising his arms to catch Aura.

ㅤㅤ"Yes, in the future it will have my name stamped to it." she put her hands on each side of her own body on the windowsill. "But I'm not keeping it."

ㅤㅤ"Why not?"

ㅤㅤ"It's way too big, I don't like big houses." she jumped and Jack caught her easily. As he put her down, Aura fixed her skirt and shrugged.

ㅤㅤ"Oh." he smiled, and the girl pretended to not see the relief in his face.

ㅤㅤ"Um," he glanced at his house, scratching his cheek, then looked back at Aura, who observed him carefully. "Do you want to go to the lake with me?"