#ㅤㅤ⁰⁴. comfort of a friend (part two)

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖺 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 '𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐃'.

ㅤㅤShe felt her own heartbeat loud in her ears, faster than it would normally go, and her breaths turned uneven. Aura turned and walked away, then ran so fast the world was a blur, twirling around her vision and making her dizzy.

ㅤㅤShe got to her house and raced to her room, closing the door so hard that her mother shouted angrily at her. Aura didn't hear what she said, but the woman gave up easily on her scolding and went back to what she was doing.

ㅤㅤAura hid under her covers, her eyes wide in shock and mind so void of thoughts that it scared her.

ㅤㅤDead.

ㅤㅤDead.

ㅤㅤDead.

ㅤㅤWhat was the meaning of that word again? Aura had no idea.

ㅤㅤIt occupied her head whole and just as she was forgetting the word, it made itself known again once she blinked.

ㅤㅤFor how long did she hide in her room?

ㅤㅤWhat even was time? Such a meaningless thing. It kind if loses its importance after you spend all day hidden under your covers, not moving at all.

ㅤㅤFrom her window, Aura saw it snow, saw the rain and thunder, saw the orange leaves fall and tap on her window. She didn't feel the cold or the hot, though. She watched as more and more plates with food were pushed from under the door, making the room stink after a while.

ㅤㅤAfter there was no space to push another place, she watched her mother open the door in confusion and scream at her for how lazy she was being, for how she let all that food go to waste. No other plate came from under the door after that. Aura watched as her brothers worriedly glanced inside the room every once in a while, only to find that she never moved, and left a few snacks for her in secret, but she never ate them.

ㅤㅤDuring all of that, she didn't remember having dreams at all. Aura was too scared to close her eyes, because━

ㅤㅤDead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

ㅤㅤShe already had nightmares while awake, why would she want even worse of them while she slept?

ㅤㅤAt least she thought she was awake. Even unable to move, with an extra weight pushing her to the bed, Aura could feel everything in her go numb, from her limbs to her heart, and it was hard to believe that was part of reality.

ㅤㅤ"Go." her mother threw a bag over her body, at some point. "I need you to get me a few things. And you better do it now." she accusingly pointed at Aura before she left the room.

ㅤㅤAura couldn't move. She tried to, a lot of times.

ㅤㅤ"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." her mother frowned angrily once she checked Aura's room to find her still in the same position. She pushed the girl out of bed and got her to wobble out of the house with shakey limbs.

ㅤㅤAura almost forgot how to walk after so long.

ㅤㅤAs she walked her way to the market, a few people who knew her as "Mori girl of the library" because of how often she was seen there stopped her to say: