#ㅤㅤ⁰⁶. bright eyes and a stupid blush

𝐂𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑ㅤㅤㅤ───ㅤㅤㅤ𝖻𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝗉𝗂𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝗌𝗁.

▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ 𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, she decided.

ㅤㅤShe had completely forgotten how much Burgess liked him, it was so easy for him to get everyone to lie for Aura in order to keep her presence hidden from her mother that she even went as far as saying she admired him.

ㅤㅤShe supposed connections were important, Aura should have known to get Burgess' people to like her aswell, maybe then she wouldn't have to be so cautious all the time when visiting Jack━

ㅤJack, Jack, Jack. It seemed as he was all she thought about recently. It was a bit infuriating, but good.

ㅤㅤAura really wanted to stop thinking of him sometimes, though.

ㅤㅤShe almost called mister Oxygen 'Jack' multiple times, it was very embarrassing.

ㅤㅤBut, for now, she was okay with thinking of the boy, Aura never knew she was able to have such pure thoughts about anything.

ㅤㅤ"Do you want to skate in the ice again sometime?" he told her one day while fixing his coat━ she quietly admired the button's strong will to remain there, even if hanging by a single thread.

ㅤㅤ"I don't know, depends on when." she shrugged, simply.

ㅤㅤ"Not today, obviously." he chuckled. Unfortunately Jack couldn't spend a lot of time with Aura that day, as he had a lot of work to do. "But maybe next week?"

ㅤㅤThe girl thought for a long minute, then frowned in disappointment when she recalled her busy schedule.

ㅤㅤ"I guess not." he read her face.

ㅤㅤAura felt the urge to apologize.

ㅤㅤ"I'm a wife-in-training now, I don't think I'd have time for that kind of stuff." Aura shrugged as she sat on her heels by Jack's side.

ㅤㅤ"Wife-in-training?" the words sounded unnatural to him, Jack frowned as he spoke, not liking the title so much. "You're engaged?"

ㅤㅤ"Not yet, and I don't think I am to be." she shrugged, staring at her reflection in the frozen lake with hardened eyes, Aura didn't like the title either. "Mister Oxygenated or whatever his name was looked spooked by the end of our first date."

ㅤㅤJack tried to suppress it ━not really━, but he couldn't help but to throw his head back in laughter.

ㅤㅤ"Why is that?" Jack calmed down, tilting his head to the side as he looked at her with an amused smile.

ㅤㅤ"I think I spoke too much, I started talking about philosophical beliefs on love and tea seconds and he looked at me just like this," she looked at Jack and copied mister Ox-blablabla's widened eyes and open smile. The Overland boy laughed again, making Aura giggle as she looked back at the water with softer eyes.

ㅤㅤ"And what if he liked all your nonsense?"

ㅤㅤ"Then he must be out of his mind. Only a crazed man would enjoy all that talk." the youngest Mori rolled her eyes. "Althought he did kiss my hand after all of that, it must mean something, right?"

ㅤㅤJack wasn't smiling anymore.

ㅤㅤ"Really?" he didn't seem as amused as his tone gave out.