Almost there

We arrived at the competition and as soon as we walked in, we were almost made def by a wave of blaring music.

My ears adjusted to the sound eventually but, even after that, they continued to ring.

It felt like days before we were called onto the stage and yet, my ears still suffered in silence.

If we won this, we would be moved to the finals! It was always our dream to win something this huge. The competition was broadcast live to the world and the thought of being famous because of this made me daydream like a little girl.

We set up, the judges greeted us and we began...

By the end of it, I felt dizzy from the bright light beaming onto my face.

As the audience went wild, Jazzy scampered over to me and beckoned Arlo forward. I took their hands and exited the stage excitedly, almost skipping.

"That was the best we've done yet!" Arlo squealed in my ear causing the ring to come back from earlier.

"That's true but can you not make me def?" I rubbed my ear and squinted my eyes.

Before any of us could get another word in, the boy who we met yesterday skid around the corner looking like a puppy playing fetch.

"YOU GUYS WERE SO COOL!" He screamed in my other ear.

What was this guy's problem? Jeez...

We all talked for a while backstage and got to know each other. He said his name was Keigo which I thought was a stupid name so I called him 'bird brain' instead.

He learned more about us and us about him. We could have talked for hours if it wasn't for a security guard telling us we were needed on stage.

Like before, we huddled in close on the stage, surrounded by other contestants sweating and nervous.

"And those moving to the finals are..."

I held my breath and shot Jazzy a worried look and they gave me one back...

"Nox, Arlo and Jazzy!"

What?! Was I hearing correct? Us?!

I instantly wrapped both my arms around the others and pulled them in tight and lifted them slightly using a strength quirk I got from bumping into a stranger at a supermarket.

By this time, we were all squealing like little girls getting ponies for their birthdays and jumping out of excitement.

Once again, the host came up on stage and congratulated us.

"Well done, you have earned it." He smiled at us and continued, "You're through to the finals!"

Everyone screeched with applause as we trotted off stage only to be greeted by Keigo again.

"Congrats guys, you did amazing!" He exclaimed gleefully.

[Time skip to when they're all at Nox's apartment]