The day has finally come!

Months have passed since we first met Keigo; we all became the best of friends in time.

The entrance exams were tomorrow and I couldn't sleep. Arlo was on the floor snoring away like he usually does.

My anxiety kept bubbling in my gut which eventually got to my head.

It was seriously the day I'd been training for months. Just hours away.

I decided the best thing for me would be fresh air so I got up, slipped on my shoes and headed for the door leading to the roof.

Once I was up there, I lay on the rough foundation and stared up at the stars twinkling in the twilight.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted someone swinging from building to building using what looked like vines.

Probably just a pro hero on patrol...

The atmosphere on the roof was so serene that it almost felt suffocating to be there.

It felt too intoxicating to be there, alone at least, but I didn't want to wake the others so, I just dragged myself back to bed and drifted off.

[In the morning]

"NOX! WAKE UPPPPP! WE MIGHT BE LATEEEEEE!!!!" Keigo screeched in my ear.

I woke up with a start and scrambled around, trying to make sense of what was going on around me.

"NOXXXXXX!!!" He wailed.

"Alright im up, im up!" I rubbed my head; all his screaming made my head hurt.

I looked over towards the clock on the wall to see it was only an hour before the entrance exams started!

"We have time, Keigo. Calm down and just get ready."

He tended to overreact to things like this.

"BUT WE DON'T HAVE TIME!" He cried like a toddler having a tantrum.

"Stop overreacting, bird brain. We have time so stop whining like a child and pull yourself together!" I shook his shoulders violently which caused him to surrender.

[Time skip cuz I CBA stop write them getting ready]

We strode up to the gate and all tried to walk in at once.

BOOF-

"Are you kidding me?!" I screamed.

I struggled to get myself out from in between Jazzy and Keigo's fluffy wings.

"MOVE OVE-" I was rudely interrupted by Jazzy's elbow digging into my side.

This caused me to go flying forward straight towards the ground.

Ugh, are you serious?!

I scrunched up my face, preparing for my face to get mangled by the floor.

Wow, I've been falling for a long time...

I peeked through my still squinting eyes to see the concrete just inches away from my face.

It took a moment for me to process what just happened.

Uhh... I shouldn't be able to do this- I don't have a quirk for it.

"Excuse me? I'd appreciate it if you didn't just lay there. I need to save my power for the exams!"

An anonymous voice shook me back onto reality.

"Eh? Oh uh sorry!" I scrambled to my feet to observe the mysterious saviour.

"About time you stood up, Jesus..." I looked up to see a figure almost crawling in vines that were retreating to their body so effortlessly.

I felt my face turn a cheery red as the figure started walking away.

Out of nowhere, Keigo popped up into my view and waved his hand over my completely still face.

"Oh- uh?" I shook myself into reality.

Without another word, Keigo took my wrist and dragged me into the auditorium where there were thousands of people with wacky quirks all sitting down, surrounding a stage.

Arlo and Jazzy had saved seats for us and waved us over to the aisle.

"Finally, you took long enough. It's about to start!" Jazzy whisper-screamed.

As if on cue, the stage lit up and a small white rat-person with a scar across its eye came into view.

"Welcome all to UA high!" The speakers echoed above us.

"It is a pleasure to have you all here for the entrance exams this year!" It boomed again.

This rodent was really getting on my nerves now. It was too damn loud in here!

I hadn't realised I had zoned out until Keigo noticed and elbowed me in the side.

In response, I hit him back, harder than I intended. I didn't realise I had a strength enhance quirk activated and Keigo flew off his chair, straight into the person next to him.

I choked back laughter as to not disturb the rodent on stage.

"Here's how the exams are going to work..."

[After the explanation]

Okay, I can do this! I've been training for months!

We made our way to designated areas and I took a deep breath.

There wasn't anyone I knew around me apart from the person who saved me earlier.

I thought about them again and froze up. The whistle snapped me back to reality and I realised I was being left behind.

Shit! I got so caught up in going to be left behind!

As I was running, I purposely ran into people so I could collect their quirks- they could come in useful.

The crowd of people were too slow so I decided to use Keigo's wings to fly over everyone.

All of a sudden, my path was blocked by a giant robot who towered over me, even in the air.

It was going to attack these people! Some of them were already injured so they couldn't run away.

OH. MY. GOD. THIS IS THE DISTRACTION BOT THE SHORT RAT DUDE WAS TALKING ABOUT!

I had to save these helpless people! However, this was the only target worth 0 points and I don't have any yet! I needed points and FAST since the time was running out quicker than I thought but, I had an obstacle to overcome first...

A.n.
Thank you so much for reading! I'm very sorry for not posting; I was taking a break. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll be looking forward to writing the next one! 💕

Word count- 1004