Chapter 7: May 1st

Miura Yumiko POV:

Yatta~ Today is May 1st where I finally get to see my classmate's pitiful faces go pale and horror wash over them, realising how stupid and ignorant they've been this entire month. Except for a select few, who I'm friends with, I internally apologise for.

Here she is, our stern sensei, who is also gloomy on the inside because of how immeasurable her disappointment must be.

"Hey, sensei, did you start menopause or something?" Ike said something dirty, but what disappoints me is that Ayanokouji was thinking the same thing right about now.

"All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak."

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, but I didn't see any deposits. Points are given on the first day of every month, aren't they? I couldn't buy juice this morning." Blown through all 100,000 points, wow he didn't even save at least 1,000 points.

"Hondou, I already explained this before, didn't I? Points are deposited on the first day of the month. I've confirmed that points were wired this month without any issues."

"Um, but...nothing was deposited into my account, though."

"Are you kids really that dumb?" Here it comes. I have to try my best not to grin or at least hide it.

"Dumb? What?"

"Sit down, Hondou. I'll explain once more," she said.

"S-Sae-chan-sensei?" Hondou seemed to be taken back by her tone and sharp eyes. Seems like everyone is.

"Points were deposited. That much I know for certain. There is absolutely no chance that we forgot about anyone in this class. To think so is ludicrous. Understood?"

"Well, even if I tell you that we understand, we haven't received any points..."

"Ha ha ha! I see. So, it's like that then, teacher? I think I've solved the mystery," Kouenji boomed, laughing. "It's simple. We're in Class D, so we didn't receive a single point." He's right about that, but at the same time wrong.

(I'm gonna skip the explanation, because we've all read it before.)

"I was so lucky to save my points" Matsushita and i are talking about the whole points fiasco and it seems she saved some of her points and didn't use it all up like the others.

"Same here, so you had suspicions as well." I had asked her this even though I already knew she was suspicious. In the LN it's revealed that she's been holding back in class.

"Yeah I was, how many points did you save?" I decided to lie to her.

"40-50,000 points. There were some things people were allowed to bring from home, which I did. So I didn't have to buy much necessities." She looked shocked and jealous at me for thinking of this.

"Your so lucky~ Aghh, I should of just done the same thing." I grinned at her playfully.

"Just shows how smart I am."

"Careful, your Horikita's showing." We giggled at her comment and I took a glance around the classroom.

"At least you don't have to go low enough to borrow points and never pay them back." She looked around as well and saw multiple people doing this, including Karuizawa.