Chapter 18: Island Exam Part 3

Miura Yumiko POV:

I was deep in thought walking slowly with my hair covering my face when someone called out to me.

"Hey! Miura!"

"Hm" I looked to see Sudo running up towards me. "Sudo?"

I looked at him confused as to what he was doing here.

"Horikita has been decided as leader so I'm going to go get the card."

"Ah, so that means everyone's down this path?"

"Yeah, but hey where have you been?"

"Nowhere, I'll see you later." I waved as I continued walking and ended up seeing the class.

I saw Ayanokouji and walked up to him.

"Yo!"

"Yo." I giggled at his monotone voiced response.

"Sooo, what's going on?" I asked.

"Kushida recommended Horikita as leader and it seems Ike has taken charge." I looked surprised at his mention of Ike.

"Wow, it's like they say 'there's a first time for everything' huh."

"Yeah I'm as surprised as your are." We both walked over to everyone to join the conversation. "Ike, you have experience in the great outdoors?"

"I come from a family of campers. We used to go every weekend when I was little. I had no problem drinking river water. Sometimes, you can tell if a spring is drinkable just by looking at it." We both nodded at his explanation.

"Well look at that! You can be useful." My words caused to him to blush and he rubbed the back of his neck flustered.

"Hehehe, I guess so." He said, seemingly ignoring or misheard my little jab.

After our little talk with Ike, the whole of Class D started setting up a fire and the tents. Me and Ayanokouji decided to leave the fire to people like Ike, while both me and him help set up the tents.

As I did, I decided to tease Ayanokouji a little.

"You know~ Maybe we can share a tent?~" I said with a sly smirk.

He looked at me before he spoke, "We both know that's not allowed. It's against the rules."

I sighed sadly. "Yeah, I guess so." I said looking at the tent.

My attention was then brought back to the Ayanokoji as I felt him whispering something to me.

"Maybe we can share a hammock."

I snapped my head towards him with wide eyes and a blush started creeping up my face making me look flustered. I tried calming down but my head couldn't process what he said. Or that he said it.

"But of course that's not allowed as well." He looked away and continued working on the tent.

I instantly realised what happened and started glaring at him with a huge pout. He looked up at me, but I looked away, crossing my arms with "Hmph" and storming away.

He teased me. Me! That's supposed to be my job!

Even though I was angry, there was a little part of me squealing in delight at what he suggested to me.